Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RoOose Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Apple Vs Dell web sites
    Hi,

How are you , every body?

I want to ask you about Apple and Dell web sites..

As a consumer, what the advantages and disadvantages you find of these web sites?

Thank you :)

I wait you :D

May 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Please help me, I need the answers today ):
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 24, 2008, 01:31 PM
    I think you're going to need to be more specific to get an answer to your question. What do you need the answer for and how will you use the answer? What do you mean by advantages and disadvantages?

May 24, 2008, 01:35 PM
    I have a project about E-commerce for these companies.

So, what is the advantages and disadvantages for using web sites rather than go to the store?

What is the bad things in this web sites?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 24, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RoOose
    I have a project about E-commerce for these companies.

So, what is the advantages and disadvantages for using web sites rather than go to the store?
    Following is based on my experience - I've shopped at both sites for computers.

Assuming you mean for both of them, the advantage from my perspective is you can put together the system you want without unwanted attention from a salesperson who half the time doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Both sites are reasonably well organized, but I'd say Apple Store has the edge. The number of options available for customizing on the Dell site can be overwhelming for the customer, and it's not that easy always to find a specific system you're looking for. You also have a physical location where you purchased your computer and can take it to if you purchase at a brick-and-mortar store.

On the negative side, some people want to see what they're buying. I usually go to my local store to look at & try out a model I'm considering, then purchase & customize it online. Though sometimes I'll buy in the store: things like iPods, printers, etc. but I personally prefer purchasing computers online.

What is the bad things in this web sites?
    Well, for Dell it's the overwhelming options noted above. The Apple Store doesn't always have the best set of peripherals and accessories, so I shop for those elsewhere typically. It's pretty much the same situation for the Dell online store.

Vasily

May 25, 2008, 01:42 AM
    Thank you very much..

There is another question which is "As an Apple's company and consumer , what is the purpose of Apple's web site?"

Please I want the answers in details :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 02:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RoOose
    please I want the answers in details :)
    I think what you want is for people to do your homework for you and we don't do that here.

May 25, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Thank you, but I don't ask you.

First, I ask the others.
    Second, I think this is the name of this web site." Ask me help desk"
    So, this web site for asking and answering.. Am I wrong?
    Finally, I want to tell you my teacher ask us to take people's opinion.. are you mind?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 06:49 PM
    I agree with NeedKarma. In fact, I almost posted and said something myself, and now that one person has already posted, I'm going to defend that position. You "ask the others" because you don't like the fact that NeedKarma actually posted an ethical position. The fact that we're called "ask me help desk" is not the same thing as "come get your homework done here for you." Do you get the difference between the two?

The idea is to help people understand their homework and try to learn from that, not just have other people answer it for you.

Therefore, there is nothing wrong with what NeedKarma said, and no need for you to have that attitude.

If your instructor said you could get other people's opinions, you not only could have said so, but your reply to NeedKarma could have politely stated this fact without the attitude and getting upset.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Please review the guidelines on asking for help with homework that can be found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/arts-l...board-b-u.html

This site has a stated policy with respect to homework questions as indicated in the link above. Being rude and demanding is not going to get you help here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE will only go some sites,not all. How do I access all sites? [ 4 Answers ]

I had to remove malware from my PC and when it restarted, it will not recognize certain websites. How can I fix this? Thanks, Dave I used Spyware doctor from PC tools. I loaded Firefox and the same thing is occurring. It won't load webpages from Yahoo or wamu and a few other sites. I can go...

Problem Removing Sites From IE6 Restricted Sites Zone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently removed all of the entries that SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 had automatically loaded into my restricted sites zone on IE6 browser and I noticed that there were still two sites that weren't deleted in the process. I then remembered that I had manually added them to the restricted...

How can I get around my school blocked sites? They even got proxy sites blocked. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get around my school blocked sites. They even got our proxy sites blocked> is their any other way?

Apple does it again. [ 2 Answers ]

New Technology Announcement: Apple Computer announced today that it has developed a computer chip that can store and play high fidelity music in women's breast implants. The iTit will cost $499 or $599 depending on speaker size. This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women...

Apple or not? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a customer that wants a desktop to use primarily for video editing and production. What are your thoughts on an Apple vs an AMD 64 based one?

View more questions Search