Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johndeere4640 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 03:12 AM
    Potty training my lab
    I can't get my lab to stop peeing in the house. Sometimes she will go outside and other times she will pee in the house when my back is turned but I catch her in the act what do I do?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 03:17 AM
    How old is she?

I have had labs for the past 26+ years and have always used the following method. It takes a lot of time so be prepared.

I believe in using the crate. I crate my dogs while I am out of the house and at night. I place the crate in my bedroom.

When you retrieve you dog immediately take her out. Do not play outside this walk is to relieve herself. Every 20 ,imutes or so take her back out. After eating within 215 min go back out. Within 2 weeks you will have a trained dog.

If you make a lound noise while she is in the mist of a accident she will stop and run her back outside to finish

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Potty training for 8yr boy [ 12 Answers ]

My 8 yr old boy is not able to clean himself properly after poop, which stained his underwears.. its disgusting but he doesn't feel bad at all.. He developed this habit in 2-3 months before... we explained him so many times to improve it.. grounded him... gave him time out... seems nothing...

Potty Training [ 3 Answers ]

Why is there a myth that girls are easier to potty train than boys?:)

Potty training [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a three year old male dauschund who is still not potty trained. At one year old he was trained and than we adopted two more dauschunds. It seemed to be not to long after that he began to have more and more accidents. He knows how to go to the bathroom outside, but seems...

Potty training [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how I can start potty training my 20 month old daughter I Need help with it she will sit down with a diaper on and say potty but then I will take off her diaper and she won't go its getting frustrated what can I do

Potty Training [ 2 Answers ]

My female miniature daschund has been with me for 1 month. My mom think scolding her and spanking her is how you train a dog. Whenever she comes in the house she eventually pees or poops if we don't get her outside imeditly. She is always desperate to find a way inside the house or she begs at the...

View more questions Search