Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seenbutnotheard
    To be a little more clear, people who love me just becuase don't really make me happy. I would prefer to have someone love me for what I can do than who I am. It's kind of strange but thats what I feel like. The reason being I don't know who I am, so I must define myself by what I can do. So if someone loves me for what I can do then I can love my self becuase I can do that. Than I can find out who I am..... maybe. It's backwards but I am backwards.
    It's not being backwards at all. Right now, you just feel that you need positive praise for what you do because of not being sure of who you are. Hey, which person does not like to be complimented on playing great music or writing good poetry? Which person who loves to cook does not want others to praise them and ask for the recipe? It's normal to want our achievements noticed, but it should not be the only reason for acquiring our talents.

Just keep on doing the things you like doing and one day you will have those around you who appreciate what you do and WHO you are - it's all in one individual - can't be separated, so be patient with yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

Good bye gas hog [ 4 Answers ]

How would I go about getting rid of a truck that I just purchased. I can not afford it at all I pay 200.00a week plus 400.00 dollar pmt. Plus my ins. Went up. My wife is going to KILL me I am literally taking food out of our kids mouthes. :confused:

Is hip hop good ?to me yes [ 4 Answers ]

Is soulja boy song good it called superman(crank dat):confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :D

View more questions Search