Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashezlove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Why cant I get pregnant?
    Me and my boyfriend have been trying for a long while now. And still nothing. I don't get it. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that's having the same problem as me and what to do?
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

May 23, 2008, 07:40 PM
    We have been trying for the last year and a half and still nothing! I feel your pain!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 05:09 AM
    When you have tried for quite sometime, and it can naturally take quite awhile for many couples, first step is to be sure you have done what you can to determine when you are most likely fertile. A few ways to do this, and different things work better for different people: temping/charting... keeping track of your temp first thing in the morning (before you even get out of bed). This can take a few months to see a pattern, but for many women they will notice a slight rise part way through their cycle and it will remain elevated until their period comes again, at which time it will drop again. There are a number of factors that can effect this however, and it does take diligence. The rise in temp lets you know that you most likely ovulated the day or two before.
    Ovulation predictor kits may show a rise in the lutenizing hormone... this rises just prior to ovulation so it can give you a heads up that you will likely ovulate in the next couple of days. You may or may not also feel some discomfort, slight cramping near one ovary or the other about this time. If you tend to ovulate eary or later in a cycle, however, you will miss this rise if you go by the directions on many of the test kits. Some women find they need to use more than one a month and start testing earlier than what the kit suggests.
    Some women find they notice an obvious change in their discharge around ovulation... often having more fluid discharge said to look similar to egg whites.
    And some women will do internal checks to feel the changes their cervix makes during their cycle.
    Another way to try and hit the mark is having sex every other day or every third day throughout the entire cycle with a few more tries during the time you think you are about to ovulate.
    All of these things mean your body is preparing for ovulation, not that you actually are... so, once you have been trying for a year or more, you may want to see your doctor and ask about having some basic testing started for both you and your partner (it is a fairly high percentage that there is a male concern that needs to be addressed).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

? Pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Last month my period started aug 20... I calculated my that I have a 31 day cycle... which puts my ovulation period from sep3-8... I had unprotected sex on sept 8 and my partner did ejaculate in me... I am suppose to start my period on 20th this month.. usually 3 days before my period starts I have...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

I can't get pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I've been pregnant twice, the first time I was really young and carried to 13.5 weeks and had an abortion, the second time I carried until I was 10.5 weeks and miscarried , I ahd to have an operation afterwards to clean me out, I was devastated. Now I can't seem to get pregnant at all, we have been...

View more questions Search