Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

May 23, 2008, 06:35 PM
    How much am I really missing TV
    How much am I really missing, because my mom doesn't want us all watching the commericals says it teaches us that we don't have all we need, and e NEED more stuff "she isn't worried about me, mostly my younger sisters) and she doesn't want to pay for cable, so what am I missing, and how can I get the same info. And how important is TV
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 23, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Your not missing anything. In fact you are one of the luck ones. There are so many more important things in this world to concern yourself with than TV and what is happening in the world of "make beleive". You can't miss what you never had. I don't thin it teaches you that you are missing what you need. Need and want are two dfferent things. If you were livign a life without necessity you would know it. Sounds to me that tyou are all right... Great job Mom!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Sex, violence, hatred, and gilligan did get off the island ( depends on how long you have not watched TV)
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

May 23, 2008, 09:48 PM
    My husband and I haven't had cable or satellite since we got married almost 5 years ago. We watch dvds, but while we watch we'll draw or look at magazines and I'll usually paint, crochet, embroider... if its not a movie I'm interested in, ill even read a book. Sure, I do miss TV because I really enjoy the discovery, history, and learning channels, but I don't need it. Use the time to develop hobbies or talents. Hubby and I will sometimes spread a tarp on our living room floor and flintknap. He turns out beautiful arrowheads and I... well, I'm still learning.:) really, you aren't missing too much. Just the same overdone TV series plots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog gone missing [ 1 Answers ]

Help,please help me find our missing dog,Jake,he wondered off, but he normally returns.. thankyou.

My cat is missing! [ 2 Answers ]

Please I need help. My cat went missing in late June/early August. We've tried everything. Any suggestions. If anyone is from my area and has info that would also help. I live in mead Washington. He is a rusty orange color. His eyes almost match is fur in color. When he purrs it sounds as...

Missing my dad [ 2 Answers ]

My dad passed away about 6 years ago, many family members have said that they have felt him, dreamt about him, received signs from him. I have not, is there anything I can do to encourage contact, no one believes he has crossed over. Thanks for any ideas...

Missing him [ 2 Answers ]

OK Im dating this guy andi like him and he's really sweet and all but I can't stop Thinking about my ex! Hes been calling me bad names and stuff latley but here's what happen with us... Him and I dated for a year and we broke up because we started fighting. Well I dated his friend and his friend...

Missing each other [ 1 Answers ]

Will the relationship with my b/f lead to marriage? And will we spend time in each others country? We both feel we are each others soul mates.Me oct 3/61, he is jan 18/61

View more questions Search