Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RichMiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 05:13 PM
    I have a felony charge/conviction
    How long does a felony conviction in the state of Pennsylvania stay on my record
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

May 23, 2008, 05:52 PM
    I don't know about in your state but in Va. They are permanent. I would believe that a felony in any state would be the same cause it is a felony. I don't even believe you can have a felony exponged from your record. I hope this helps and it is only my opinion.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Hello Rich:

It DOES stay forever, however many states DO have expungement prodecures.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 09:45 AM
    I have to ask what gave you an idea that it ever went away?

But no, it will stay on your record till the day you die and still be there. In many states you can have the record explunged after a number of years, if you get into no trouble, have a good work history and maybe more education. But even an explunged record will always be visible to the police in their search and in national security searches
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

May 24, 2008, 09:58 AM
    I do not believe felonies can be expunged, have to check with your state and still like Fr_Chuck said still visible to police, even if it can be expunged it will cost you a ton of money. It's not cheap. Felonies are serious and can not be expunged where I live. This is only my opinion do the research for your state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

Felony conviction [ 9 Answers ]

I know someone who was convicted of passport fraud. He was given 5 yrs probation with several stipulations one being that he must stay current on court ordered child support. He was also told he can not leave his jusdicial area without permission of the probation officer. He lost his job when he...

Felony Conviction [ 1 Answers ]

Can I Become A Paralegal In Paif I Have A Felony Conviction In Pa?

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search