Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adancito04 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2006, 11:45 AM
    I need huge help!
    Hi, I'm making a project for my school and I need to know some things about electrical subjects.
    1- what's a 1900 box?
    2- what's a j box?
    3- what's EMT?
    4- how many general circuits in a residential kitchen, what size wire, and how many amps per circuit?
    5- if you found a yellow, orange, or purple wire in an electrical box, what generally would that wire be used for?
    6- what's a 180 box?
    7- what size(s) of wire can you use for a 200 amp residential service?
    8- what size(s) of wire can you use for a 200 amp commercial service?
    9- what size wire is used to wire a standard electric clothes dryer?
    10- what are the phases of a single phase system?
    11- what's a balanced phase system?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2006, 12:45 PM
    1.A box made in year 1900
    2.Juke box
    3.An ambulance driver
    4.There is only one general, the others are colonels, captains, lieutanants, etc.
    5.Conducting electricity.
    6.A box facing the other way.
    7.Large
    8. Extra large.
    9. Standard wire
    10.New, first quarter, Full, last quarter,
    11.A system that is not unbalanced.

Ok so much for the fun. Just exactly what kind of project are you making? Some of the items make sense, some don't. Some have many answers, some I don't know if there is an answer. Before I spend hours answering, I would like a clear description of the purpose of the questions, who is asking, where are the questions coming from,why, and what will be done with the answers.

A brief narrative of your whole purpose to the laundry list will suffice.
    adancito04 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Hi, and thanks for trying to help me.
    My name is Adan and I'm a high school student. I'm doing a project about electricity at home, and I have this questions as guidelines for the project.
    I just have this questions printed in a paper, so please, anything you can tell me will be a real huge help.
    Thanks again,
    Adan
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Doing a project and making a project are two different things. Did the instructor give a list of questions that you are to research and provide the answers? Are you taking some sort of technical course? I would like some sort of reassurance that I am not just going to give you answers to a homework assignment. Some the answers are very simple, while others will take a great deal of explaining to be sure the answer is understood, as the answer will depend on several situations, and a couple, #5-#6 &#10 make no sense.

Please explain in detail your project. Bear with me, answer my questions to satisfaction, and you can receive the best answers I can provide.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Huge debt [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I'm posting this message on behalf of my father. We live in a three-person household in the U.S. Without our previous knowledge, he had thoughtlessly run up a $145,000 debt--getting him to 'fess up this figure was not an easy task. (By the way, he's retired, mom's still working, and I work as...

Am I about to make a huge mistake? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone, Its been about 3 months almost since my boyfriend dumped me after 2 years together. Our relationship was pretty good although towards the end it was really bad- the fighting, and he was pushing me out of his life slowly. The thing is, I wonder if he really wanted to push me out of...

My screen is huge! [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reduce the size of the images on my screen. I have tried moniter settings and display settings to no avail. The pixel reducer/increaser will not respond. My home page shortcuts don't have enough room and I can not access all of them. Some pages are so large I can not acces the 'next'...

Huge Legs [ 2 Answers ]

HI EVERY ONE My problem is that I have a verrrrry big leg they are huge they were not like this before ? I am walking dayly for 1 hour What your a device to me?

Got myself into a huge mess! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living outside of the US for the past 10 yearrs illegally, having overstayed my visa. I wish to return to the US and want to know if I might face any difficulties in this. I also do not have a Social Security card, having lost it ages ago. The problem is that I have since been both...

View more questions Search