Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pepalia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Can your house have a lien for $3000 credit card debt
    They are saying I owe 3000 on a credit card that was paid I dispute it, can they put a lien on my house
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 23, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pepalia
    they are saying I owe 3000 on a credit card that was paid I dispute it, can they put a lien on my house

If "they" proceed to Judgment they can use any legal means to collect - and that includes a lien on your house.

Usually (particulary with that "small" amount) they don't lien against property... but they can in most but not all States.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Can a credit card company put a lien on your house [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a lot of credit card debt can a credit card company put a lien on the house

Credit card lien on proprety [ 3 Answers ]

My wife pass away, and I want to know if the credit card debt she had in HER name can put a lien on joint property we owned?

Lien on my house. Not my debt [ 1 Answers ]

A builder moved a sewer in a public easement across our property. He did not pay a sub who then filed a $20,601 lien against the builder and in MY NAME. The lien was on my house and property. Later, when paid the release does not mention the builder, has MY name and says “the indebtedness has been...

Can credit card companies put a lien on my house? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I live in Broward county, Florida, I defaulted in three unsecured business loans and two unsecured business credit cards all are guaranteed personally by me, now that the business has failed and the S corporation is dissolved, can these creditors go after me and put a lien on my...

View more questions Search