Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps
    I believe she said it was genital warts. There are some medicated lotions that can be applied.
    Oh... sorry. I guess there is another question about herpes?
    pumpkinjojo Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Its genital warts
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps
    I believe she said it was genital warts. There are some medicated lotions that can be applied.
    Genital warts and HPV are the same thing.

You can read all about it here

Human Papillomavirus and Genital Warts, NIAID, NIH
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Genital warts and HPV are the same thing.

You can read all about it here

Human Papillomavirus and Genital warts, NIAID, NIH
    Yes, I know this... but I believe you went and edited what I originally quoted you on. You said valtrex treated HERPES, you didn't originally say it treated HPV, and she was not talking about Herpes. From the commercial I've seen of Valtrex, it just states that it treats Herpes. I don't THINK Herpes is a form of HPV, I believe it is a different virus. I specifically mentioned HPV as the virus known to cause warts in one of my previous postings.;)

The virus HPV will always be there. The occurence of the warts, however, may never come back. You can only contract the virus if there is an outbreak. HPV can be hidden for 2 years before you can get a positive test for it. HPV is the number one cause of Cervical cancer. This might affect your ability to carry a child full term. You can never get rid of the virus UNFORTUNATELY...but you can definately control the outbreaks with meds.
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 02:29 PM
    You are correct that I said this is to be treated with Valtrex and Valtrex is for Herpes, it's used for HSV not HPV. My bad, sorry, had the wrong med in my mind.

I apologize for my goof... here is the treatment for herpes

There is no HPV treatment or cure for the virus. There is also no cure for genital warts. However, genital warts can be treated, either at home or at a doctor's office.

The first course of action for many people with genital warts is topical medications. This type of treatment comes in either a gel or cream form and usually works by attacking and breaking down the wart tissue. Podophyllin is a particularly strong topical medication that needs to be applied at the doctor's office. However, this is an older type of treatment and is not as widely used nowadays.

For those looking for some genital warts home treatment, you can ask your doctor to prescribe either podofilox (Condylox) or imiquimod (Aldara). Both of these topical medications you can apply yourself at home. However, if you are pregnant, it is not recommended that you use either podophyllin or podofilox as both can be absorbed by your skin and possibly cause birth defects in your child. Additionally, Aldara is designed to be used only on external genital warts.

It is also important to note that there is a difference between genital warts and regular warts. The strains of HPV that cause genital warts are different from those strains that cause warts on other parts of your body. Moreover, genital warts appear on areas of your body that are much more sensitive. Therefore, you should never use regular, over-the-counter wart treatments for genital warts.
    Genital Warts: GENITAL WARTS TREATMENT
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    You are correct that I said this is to be treated with Valtrex and Valtrex is for Herpes, it's used for HSV not HPV. My bad, sorry, had the wrong med in my mind.

I apologize for my goof....here is the treatment for herpes

Genital Warts: GENITAL WARTS TREATMENT
    That's completely ok... i just wasn't sure if i goofed... have a great day! ;) ;) ;)

May 25, 2008, 02:06 AM
    I have single and some multiple pinkish (same colour as vagina) lumps about a little less than an inch from the outside. It doesn't hurt at all. I just find it rather odd. Its like a lump than you can flick it to move. Do you know what it is? There are about 7 of them. Around outside the clits and inside near the uterus.

Outside its small lumps.
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Time to get it checked out. Sounds like it could be either skin tags, or more possibly genital warts, since you have been exposed. Make an appointment as soon as possible.

May 25, 2008, 08:38 AM
    BUt the thing is I had a pap smear and full blood test came back normal last week... I still odnt get it?
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Talk to your doctor about your concerns. Show him/her the lumps. We can't diagnose over the internet. We can't physically see what you are talking about, we can only guess.

Please make another appointment with your doctor to discuss this.

May 25, 2008, 09:24 AM
    What are skin tags? And what can be done? Is it bad?
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 09:36 AM
    No, skin tags are not bad, they can be removed. However, you need to have them properly diagnosed by your doctor.

I am in no way saying these are skin tags nor am I saying that it is genital warts. I cannot know via the internet.

I emplore you to please make an appointment with your doctor for proper diagnosis.

Jun 19, 2008, 09:09 AM
    May I ask, if the geneital warts are in the anal but not on the penis or around the penis. Can have sex or still can't have sex using condoms? But not touching the anal?

My boyfriend only has geintal warts in his anus nothing on the front.

Nov 17, 2008, 09:08 AM

My fiancé, had the operation to remove his warts inside. I'm wondering if we can have sex cause we want kids... umm will it come back? The dr said its been removed..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get stds from. [ 6 Answers ]

Can you get stds if the other person doesn't have it and can u get it from givng head with out a condom

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

Hpv and Stds [ 3 Answers ]

I was dianosed with HPV almost a year ago. I have genital warts... about 5 small warts around the outside of my vagina and my upper, upper thighs. I currently treat them with Aldera but am still waiting for results. THe other day I noticed 2 new bumps, one on either side of my labia, that seem...

Pap smars and stds [ 2 Answers ]

Can gential warts show on a pap test ?:confused: And what can be sighns or symptons on gentail warts?:confused: And what do they feel like?:confused:

Pap smear/pelvic exams- stds? [ 2 Answers ]

I wasent sure where to ask this but I was wondering if paps and pelvic exams can tell if you have warts or herpes? I have had one done recently and was told that everything was OK but I'm kind of worried recently that past couple of days I have had a few pimples down there and I wasent sure if this...

View more questions Search