Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burtyjim Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 23, 2008, 06:07 AM
    Lost God
    I have lost faith in god how can god be real the world is dying slowing and there is nothing no one can do. Earthquakes killing 1000s ,tsunamis,typhoids,tornadoes. How can god just not do anything god has been created to make us feel safe but the truth is there is no god
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 07:12 AM
    How do you feel about 'losing' god? I think how you feel about it influences whether you need to act upon it or if you need to talk about it. Obviously you feel the need to talk hence the post.

Do you feel positively or negatively about your new beliefs?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Well first I am sorry you are having a weak moment in your faith.

First no, God has not made us to feel safe here, in fact in the earthly world we are far from safe, we are told we may well even be killed just for our faith. We will be tortured and suffer great loss for just beliving in him.

So if you are looking for a god that will give you a perfect life here on earth, no this is not it. We do know that he will give us the faith, and the spirit to have happiness in our heart, no matter what happens, Do we spend years in prison in his name, we still worship him daily and be happy he allowed us to suffer in his name. That is the Christian faith.

Now other gods my promice you different things.

I am not claiming we are in the last days according to the bible, but we do know that there will be all sorts of diasters toward the end times to include wars and more.

So perhaps you gained your faith though a false idea of what your faith and God has in his promises.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

May 23, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Um... well this isn't the perfect world, and god has a plan for everything. He doesn't like to sit back and watch thoudsands die, but he knows that the world need to progress.
    And we can devolop technogly and the whole world isn't dying, infacty it's living a long time ago people would die from the common cold, from chicken pox, and a whole bunch of ilnnesse we have cures for today, just because people die does not mean there is no god.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 12:48 PM
    There are many wonderful people who do not believe in GodAlmighty... some are called scientists, physicians, college graduates... you might want to subscribe to a secular humanist magazine at this point so you can see what the values and hopes of non-believers are. :)

Welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life!

By the way, in my opinion and the opinion of others, the ultimate cause of such tumultus weather conditions is OVERPOPULATION and the terrible consequences that has on our planet.

Have a great weekend,
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

May 25, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Hey Burty! You feel the same way many people feel in today's world.  What else is one to think when so many are experiencing pain and suffering right?God actually created man to live perfect secure lives for eternity as brought out in Genesis, but things have been somewhat delayed since our Adam and Eve rebelled.
    Jesus gave his disciples insight as to the sign of the "last days" in Matt 24:3-8. The fact that we are seeing all of these things occurring today must mean that the 'conclusion of this system' is near, that God will wipe out all pain and suffering and revert our earth back to the perfect paradise he intended it to be.
    Be assured that our creator cares very deeply for mankind (John 3:16) and will prove it once and for all when he makes this place one of peace again that people can enjoy forever, not just for 80, 90 years. Those that have died due to disasters and such will be remembered by God and will have the resurrection to look forward to. (John 5:28,29) Would not a caring God do an act like this?
    Pray earnestly for the truth, I'm sure you'll find Him again.

0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by burtyjim
    i have lost faith in god how can god be real the world is dieing slowing and there is nothing no one can do. earthquakes killing 1000s ,tsunamis,typhoids,tornadoes. how can god just not do anything god has been created to make us feel safe but the truth is there is no god

Hello burtyjim

I'm so sorry that your in a dark place right now, it's a place we've all been to on occasion,it will pass.
    You seem quite confused saying that god has been created to make us feel safe, when in fact god is the creator.
    The tragic happenings in the world leaves us all helpless, wishing there was something that we could do, knowing that there is nothing.We are not in control of the elements on this earth they are to strong for mere mortalsl to control... how would we anyway... I think that they have to take their coarse until they eventually burn out unfortunately leaving a trail of destruction in the process.

There has always been this kind of destruction in the world and the result has always remained the same, it's all to do with extreme weather conditions, heat,wind and so on,a bit like thunder and lightening but obviously much more extreme.

I.m no weather expert or scientific person but that's the very basic reason why it's happening.

The people who are suffering the aftermath of these storms need every help they can get there is no reason why anyone should be cold or hungry or lack medical attention the world has enough of everything they just need to share it around.

The blame factor rears it's ugly head each time a tragedy occurs in the world... God should have stopped this or that, he's to blame because he could have stopped... I hear you say, understandably we're upset and angry, but I believe it's the natual coarse for the world, we are here to cope with life and all it's problems, this is a learning curve for the next and what ever that may bring, no one said it was going to be easy.

The good guy upstairs cannot be exspected to bail us out each time that there is a problem what would be the point we are here to learn and fend for ourselves by what ever means we know how learning every lesson for our survival in this live and the next.

burtyjim... the guy upstairs has not left you at this dark time, just open the door and let him in, talk to him sincerely and you'll find your answers.

Takecare
    concernedmom26 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Read revelations this is all part of the plan, and now is more of a time than any to have faith in God.
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2008, 08:05 PM
    I agree with some of what has been said above.. and disagree with others.. you could be sort of beginning of the end.. On the other hand, wars and disasters existed before and continue to exist.. The real life starts after death and depends upon what one does during his life (first life) on earth which is nothing about real safety.. it is a test for everyone.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 05:50 AM
    The Truth is that God exists.

Quote Originally Posted by burtyjim
    I have lost faith in god
    What is faith to you? Is it simply believing that God exists?

Hebrews 11 6 But without faith it is impossible to please God. For he that cometh to God, must believe that he is, and is a rewarder to them that seek him.

For example: Do you have faith in your parents? Most people would say, "Of course!" But why? Because our parents love us and everything they do is for our good.

Therefore, having faith in God is not simply saying, "God exists." Even the demons say so and tremble (James 2 19 ). Having faith in God is calling God "Father!"

Romans 8 15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again in fear; but you have received the spirit of adoption of sons, whereby we cry: Abba (Father).

3 Galatians 4 6 And because you are sons, God hath sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying: Abba, Father.

When you can believe that God is your Father, that is faith.

how can god be real the world is dying slowing and there is nothing no one can do. Earthquakes killing 1000s ,tsunamis,typhoids,tornadoes. How can god just not do anything
    God isn't doing that. But God does permit it. He permits it in order to bring a greater good from it. And he permits it to test OUR FAITH. Those weak in faith will blame Him and deny Him. Those strong in faith will see that those who have perished will be in a better place.

2 Corinthians 5 8 But we are confident, and have a good will to be absent rather from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

And that those who are struggling will expiate many of their sins.

1 Peter 4 1 Christ therefore having suffered in the flesh, be you also armed with the same thought: for he that hath suffered in the flesh, hath ceased from sins:

And the love put into action by those who are seeking to aid the injured and the sorrowing.

Luke 6 35 But love ye your enemies: do good, and lend, hoping for nothing thereby: and your reward shall be great, and you shall be the sons of the Highest; for he is kind to the unthankful, and to the evil.

god has been created to make us feel safe but the truth is there is no god
    God created us. God is the Truth and the Truth shall set you free.

1 Corinthians 13 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth with the truth;

Sincerely,

De Maria

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Lost without P&B.What to do? [ 1501 Answers ]

I am going crazy!! I don't know what to do. I have lost my friends. :eek: This is my last resort. Can anyone help me find them?! :D :D

I'm lost. [ 8 Answers ]

K, I'm a very lost on what to think or do. Me and my husband have been fighting on and off for like 4 years. Just about little stuff. But, now it's getting serious. On Easter my husband leaves and goes fishing without inviting me and our son to go with him when he was going with both our friends....

Lost dad and even more lost daughter. [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help? I have a 22 year old daughter who last year at this time received a DUI after a nights full of partying. This happened one week before her 21st surprise birthday party. Which of course did not happen due to the fact her DUI violation was issued after she rolled her friends car...

I have lost it all [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married to what was my best friend for about 2 years now. Prior to the marraide I was a very outgoing ,businesswoman.I had been involved in a business that had allowed me to live very wellMy usiness took a bad turn that might have been temporaray but in ended up being permanent because...

View more questions Search