Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Making My Own Skin Lightening Cream
    Im tired of throwing away cash on products that don't do half of what they promise:mad: So, I've decided to purchase actives from www.gardenofwisdom.com to make my own skin lightening cream. So far Ive decided to use alpha arbutin, niacinamide, lactic acid, and wheat germ oil; I still have a some figuring out to do but that's all I can think of so far. Of course Ill need to use a base. I don't know If I'm going to buy a large cheap bottle of lotion for a base or make a base and add preservatives myself. They even have sell pure hydroquinone for those of you who don't mind using it. So tell me... Who's on board:)
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

May 23, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Have tried natural fairness products, with no results.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

May 23, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Making your own lightening cream gives you more freedom in adding any active ingredients and trying different formulations to test which one works. It's a lot cheaper too.

Make sure you do your own research before attempting it. Also, a very useful tip: always make sure you know whether your active ingredients are water, oil or alcohol soluble. Once you know that; you can easily dissolve the active to make it more potent. Also, if you're using more than one active ingredients, you need to dissolve each one in the appropriate liquid.

The worst thing I've read on this board is people adding active in powder form (e.g mono) directly into some base cream... :eek: It'll never dissolve or will take ages to dissolve and you won't get any benefit from it... :rolleyes:

May 23, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Thanks for the advice:)

May 24, 2008, 10:10 AM
    I ordered my actives; here's my list azelaic acid, alpha arbutin, lactic acid, niacinamide, and MAP. I also ordered the stuff to make my base along with preservatives. Im going to make a 500ml of cream. 5% alpha arbutin, 15% lactic acid is all I know for sure so far Ill have to do more research to see what a what percent to do the rest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening cream? [ 6 Answers ]

You said that if I use skin lightening for 3 months the effect will be permanent. My question is what type of skin lightening cream is that. I need a name.

Gluta-c skin lightening cream [ 16 Answers ]

Has anyone used Gluta-c skin lightening cream and if so what were the results?

Has anyone tried the new Gluta-C Skin Lightening Cream? [ 11 Answers ]

Just curious. :p It's expensive! G L U T A - C™ | For a Healthier and Fairer you....

Skin lightening cream [ 1 Answers ]

Hi brownsugar,, just would like to know the name of those creams that contain 4-5% of hydroquinone,, if you know of any other creams let us know because I know skin lightening is becoming a kind of craze ere,, in pakistan.u mix fair and lovely,stillmans,arche and 2 capsules of vitamin e,, this is...

Skin lightening cream [ 1 Answers ]

I am brown skin and suffer from dark blemishes due to breakout of spots. Is there any cream that actually works (hydroquione free) to lighten the dark marks left from spots.

View more questions Search