Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbonidy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Lawnmower will not stop running!
    My lawnmower will not stop running once it starts. I tightened the cable that runs from the handle to the engine, no luck. I saw a green wire that is loose - looks like it should be plugged into something. Could this be the problem - is this a ground wire? Do lawnmowers have ground wires?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Lawnmowers typically have a kill wire. When the kill wire is grounded the engine stops.

Look at the throttle linkage toward the SLOW side. The linkage usually makes contact with a metal clip. This is where the wire goes.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 04:04 AM
    Yes, that could be the "ground" or Kill wire. Look at the throttle linkage close to the carb and see if there is a plastic block that has a small thin piece of metal that is straight and a piece shaped like a hump, then depress the straight piece, and insert the end of the wire, be sure the wire is stripped at the end.
    In a pince and during troubleshooting, I have placed a plastic zip tie tightly around the boot of the spark plug wire to pull the long tail end of the tie in case I couldn't kill the engine. The zip tie works great and doesn't shock you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower will not stop running! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toro lawnmower, 2 year's old. It has 2 levers that join the stationay handle, one that drives the wheels, and one that drives the engine and blades. It still starts fine, however when I release the handle to disengage the blades and cut the motor - it keeps running. What is going on?

Shower doesn't stop running [ 1 Answers ]

I turn the water on and the shower goes too, when I push the shower knob in to stop it, doesn't stop running completely, when I pull it out to run the shower, the water keeps running through the taps and shower pressure is minimal. I read a few posts here and figured I need to fix the shower...

NEED HELP Replacing engine stop/control cable on Murray Lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

THe cable broke on the inside and I can't figure out how to take off the end that hooks onto the lawn mower, because it's a weird squared off round connector that seems to require some special tool to take it off or something Here is a pic of something kind of similar although it doesn't have...

View more questions Search