Which dimplex thermostat should I use on my 500 w Dimplex baseboard

The single pole dtk-sp or the double pole dtk-dp

The baseboard is in a bathroom

Thank

bumzy
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 23, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Single pole is used for 120 V heaters. Double Pole for 240 Volt heaters.

Your not supposed to switch a neutral wire, but using only one pole of the double pole switch is OK for 120 V heaters.

For 120, the black wire is switched. For 240, both wires are switced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dimplex BN2805W31 Baseboard Heater - How do I turn it off? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new to forum. I have a Dimplex BN2805W31 Baseboard header with a side mounted "knob" to control the amount of heat being distributed. This particular room is not used so I want to turn this unit off. Note: the rest of the house is heated through a boiler and not connected to the...

Baseboard thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

The current thermostat does not let me regulate temp. (probably bad!! )So I replaced it with a new one First thermostat has four wire but only two are used. There are only two wires in the wall. I put in a new thermostat. Had it down to 50(so it was off) also has a switch for off it was off also....

Dimplex 240v baseboard and thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

What gauge wire is recommended for connecting a double pole thermostat to a dimplex 240volt 2500watt 102inch baseboard heater? Also is there a diagram for this connection? Thanks

120 baseboard thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am changing the thermostat for my baseboard heater (tried to go to program type but can't because there are none for 120 baseboard.. so I bought a simple one instead)... I have 120 volt and there are 2 wires from the wall... 1 red 1 white... there are 2 wires from the thermostat... 1 black and...

View more questions Search