Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2006, 09:32 PM
    Why is divorce so expensive?
    Because it is worth it! My first wife would rather climb up a tree to tell me a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth. I honestly tried everything to please her but it did not work. When we split, I nearly died. Did a lot of stupid things I am very ashamed of: however, if I had only known how much better things would be in just a few short years... I would have just relaxed and let go sooner. Divorce is a ***** but it is a sign that you are not living up to your greatest potential. Unless of course you marry on the rebound. That I am afraid, would be like getting stuck in a self perpetuating HELL! If you are newly divorced, do not use your kids a wedge to get to your ex spouse, they will always remember it! Just try hard to live a good life. After all, the only revenge is to live a good, happy life. I don't know what this has to do with anything but I said it anyway... so there!:rolleyes:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2006, 07:10 AM
    I wish you would not be so shy and tell us how you really feel.
    ** something my son says when I am being very open.

But the real issue is why a person marries a person who is like that. Do they not take enough time and get to know the real person before they are married. If a person lies after marriage, they were lying before marriage, if they spend too much money before the wedding, they will after the wdding.

But I am glad you have found peace and happiness
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 07:20 AM
    Hi, mag,
    I went through a divorce, after 7 yrs of marriage, back in 1974. It wasn't fun, but at least it was "friendly", but both of us had different lawyers. Divorce, just like marriage, is a two-way street. It's takes two people to Divorce, just as it takes two to get married.
    Don't blame yourself, and as you said, it takes time. Unfortunately, children, in some Divorces, suffer the most.
    It was 3 years later, when I re-married, and now has been 29 yrs to a wonderful woman. I learned a lot from the 1st. Marriage. It takes compromise.
    A good rule-of-thumb is to wait at least 2 years before getting married again. It gives time to get over stuff, and start life over again, with a much better outlook.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Yes you're right Fr Chuck, they were probably just as undesirable before you marry them. It's just that lust has a way of masking it'self as love. I guess when the lust finally wears off... what are you left with? Someone that snores like a chain saw and bad breath to boot. You better be truly in love to put up with another persons bad points. We all have them... it is a two way street. I'm glad you found it Fred. It's nice to be with some one that feels like a comfortable pair of slippers. No worries that they are lying or cheating. In my case, I found someone just like me. Piss and vinegar we Irish are known for. She just happens to have a bit more vineger, than I, at 49 have piss left. We get along like the best of friends-first. You got to like them, then if love happens... OH YEA!:p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom needs a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My mother is trying to purchase a townhome and my mother and father have been separated for over 16 years now the mortgage company states that my father would have to sign at closing. My mother told them she has nothing to from him since 1991 when he left. The mortgage company said she needs to...

Divorce [ 4 Answers ]

My friend is going through a divorce and it's been a year and a half and still no final decree has been signed. His wife and her lawyer has done everything in their power to stall the whole process. What I mean by that is she was acusing him of committing adultry, never turned in any evidience for...

Cause of Divorce? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. I have a very bad situation on my hands. See, I'm 13 and my parents MIGHT get a divorce because of me. See, I saw my mom doing somwthing that she shouldn't have been doing (making out with a friend of her and my dad's when she was drunk) and I told my dad because I was scared and confused. ...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

Just out of a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with a truly wonderful man for almost 2 years. When I met him he had more baggage than some airports however I was aware of this. I wouldn't have hung on through all his issues had he not shown me the kind of love women dream of. He and I have a very adult relationship. We got each other...

View more questions Search