Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2bBride Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Checking it out.
    I am moving to England hopefully in the next 4 months to marry my best friend & start a whole new life! Just getting started in the whole VISA world thought I would check it out & see if there are others out there as frustrated as I am with the whole frigging process... You can't tell me that everyone is following all these rules, there is no way!

{Moved from Introductions}
    2bBride Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Moving to England
    I am an American who is suppose to be getting married in 4 months & moving to England where my fiancé is a national. Is the fiancé visa really that complicated?

Has anyone ever went through the process? Any pointers??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2008, 11:49 AM
    It might help if you read and understood the rule. I think you have a problem with that since you posted this in the Introductions forum which is marked not for asking questions.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    It might help if you read and understood the rule. I think you have a problem with that since you posted this in the Introductions forum which is marked not for asking questions.

You posted this twice - should be combined.

Not everyone follows the rules for applying for visas. Those who don't, don't get visas.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 22, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bBride
    I am moving to England hopefully in the next 4 months to marry my best friend & start a whole new life!! Just getting started in the whole VISA world thought I would check it out & see if there are others out there as frustrated as I am with the whole frigging process... You can't tell me that everyone is following all these rules, there is no way!!

{Moved from Introductions}
    You need a fiance(e) visa...

This visa is issued for six months and is solely for the purpose to travel to the UK to get married. After marriage the applicant may apply to stay in the UK, at which time a two year period UK visa may be issued. After this time a person can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as long as the marriage continues to stand.

Contact the consulate for further information..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking up on your man [ 3 Answers ]

Question do you girls think that most girls do check up on there men, weather it be the phone, the wallet, under the bed, or the pockets. A high majority of woman I have spoken with did agree to this.

Just checking [ 1 Answers ]

Tax Information

View more questions Search