Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amber101 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

May 22, 2008, 09:54 AM
    80's thriller/chiller - what's the name of this movie?
    All I can remember about this film, is this old man in a wheel chair and this young woman - I think she is trapped in a house with him and I think she stabbs him in the end - all I can remember Im afraid.
    bdsxaequitas Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 01:00 PM
    I believe you are thinking of Misery, based on the book by Stephen King. A woman named Annie saves a write (Paul Sheldon) after he gets in a car accident. But she ends up keeping him hostage in her house, and he eventually tries to escape.

That might be it?

May 23, 2008, 08:59 AM
    No that's not the one - thanks anyway! I know "Misery" really well (Im a he King fan). But this film Im trying to find the name of, well all I can remember is that the guy in the wheelchair is the bad guy.

Jun 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Aah, okay. In that case, I have no idea what movie you're thinking of. But it sounds interesting!
    blueoctober4714 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Sure sounds like Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    mcpoeman Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber101
    All I can remember about this film, is this old man in a wheel chair and this young woman - I think she is trapped in a house with him and I think she stabbs him in the end - all I can remember Im afraid.
    It's a dario agento movie, it was called monkey shines
    ShaunsWife Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 06:07 AM
    In monkey shines though the monkey is the bad guy

Jul 3, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoctober4714
    Sure sounds like Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Ha ha - were you joking?
    nictim1008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Burnt offerings?

Jul 9, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber101
    ha ha - were you joking?
    I doubt it was a joke...

In the new Texas chainsaw massacre there's that old guy in the house, and he's stuck in a wheel chair. And the main character is a young woman. And she is basically stuck there, as are the rest of her friends...

It's completely plausible.

Oct 18, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bdsxaequitas View Post
    I doubt it was a joke...

in the new texas chainsaw massacre theres that old guy in the house, and hes stuck in a wheel chair. and the main character is a young woman. and she is basically stuck there, as are the rest of her friends...

it's completely plausible.
    Yea I know the one "TCM" I have seen it... but the film Im talking about is not as gory as TCM. Thanks anyway.
    sfsf3535 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Dead of winter. Just found out myself after years of looking for it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Can't remember name of movie- 80's -90's family movie [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remember the name of a movie that I used to watch when I was younger. It may have only been a television movie I am not certain. The movie was about two girls in high school. One was quite popular and the other was labeled a "nerd". The two got in trouble and their punishment was...

Need title to thriller movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie I want the name of, involved misfit veterans (some with psycho problems, like PTSD) being housed in a huge estate, and "cured" by various caretakers with more serious problems than the vets. Was definitely in the "thriller" category.

80's thriller with somesort of dragon [ 5 Answers ]

I am 25 years old right now. As a child I remember seeing a movie that still haunts me today. I need to know this title. It is extremely vague and I am hoping someone will get me a great starting point. It was proabably produced in the early 80s. I remember a man that was running away from some...

View more questions Search