Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

May 22, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Given the Cold Shoulder
    Me and my little boys father have been on and off for about three years now. We had gotten back together here recently and everything was going great. But I had a gut feeling something wasn't right, so while he was asleep I went through his wallet. When I did I found a pawn ticket to jewerly of mine. I questioned him about it and he admitted that he stole the bracelet to get money for his addiction (something he has been battling since we got together) So I immediately asked him to leave.

This is not uncommom for me to ask him to leave and break up with him, but we always get back together.

So he tells me for days that he is going to "do anything he can to get back with me" But I kept pushing him away. And telling him no it was over this time.
    He just told me he wanted to get back together on Saturday. Then I found out he had started seeing an old friend of mine. I was heartbroken.

This girl is what he like physically. She is thin and blonde and very pretty. His type. She is also a very sweet girl.

So he started seeing her on Saturday and he has spent every night with her since. Including Tuesday night he was supposed to watch our little boy and he wound up taking our son to her house and spending the night there. That is what hurt the most.

Like I said before, every time we have split up I have always been able to get back with him. This time he won't give me the time of day, he is telling me to move on with my life because he is moving on with her. But it is hurting so bad. I mean just last week we were so happy now all of a sudden they are together in a serious relationship. How was it so easy for him to turn off his feelings to me like that?

I don't know if I need comfort or advice more right now :( :confused:
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Why would you want to be with a drug addicted thief? This makes no sense to me. Personally I would give him one chance to get your stolen articles back to you and if he won't call the cops and have him arrested.

May 22, 2008, 10:34 AM
    I already took out charges on him and they recovered my stolen items from the pawn shop. I guess I just love him because I have a kid with him

May 22, 2008, 10:55 AM
    I just can't believe he can move on so fast and so seriously with this girl. She has 3 kids and I have explained to her his drug problem.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 10:58 AM
    What I can't believe you let him take your kid when you know he is a using addict. Shame on you!

May 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
    I know that he doesn't use around my child. He is actually a pretty good father, I have my child 90% of the time and as much I as don't like his habit, I can't control what he does in his spare time.
    So you can shoot all the shame you want on me. But if I was to keep the baby away from him completely I would still have people putting me down for keeping him away from his child.
    All I care about is that he doesn't do it around my child. I gave up trying to treat his crack habit, but the baby needs his father in his life. He doesn't even smoke cigarettes around our child when he has him. So if he wants to blow all his money on crack, more power to him AS LONG AS MY CHILD Isn't AROUND!

My heart is just broken because he has moved on so quickly with my old friend :(
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Get you, and your son out of this situation, as until he can conquer his demons, he is dangerous and will get a lot worse, before he gets better. Addicts are not logical, nor are they reliable. WORD TO THE WISE!
    tucker1605 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 07:51 PM
    That's tough. I AGREE A boy needs his dad. I also agree that someone who is on drugs can't be predicited and why he broke up with you. Sorry this has happened

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoulder Pads? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering about the rules of shoulder pads lately. Of course I wore them with EVERYTHING in the early 90's, but then learned to accept my little shoulders. However, now I have a post-baby body. I am back to a 6, but my shoulders are narrow and droopy and with my new hips, I look silly in...

I was brushed off now I am getting the cold shoulder [ 7 Answers ]

So I am feeling unaprieated. All weekend I help my hubby do his construction job which I enjoyed. So on mon we are working away and he gets a call to go golfing. So he works faster then he does all weekend to get done,(and doesn't get done) tells me that this and that needs to be put away. So...

Shoulder MRI [ 1 Answers ]

I fell four years ago on my shoulder and I finally went in a few weeks ago for an MRI. Unfortunately, my ortho doctor is not answering my questions, so I am in the process of switching doctors. If anyone could help with my MRI that would be great. Impression: 1. Tendinopathy supraspinatus tendon....

Shoulder issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have two issues with my right shoulder that are bothering me significantly. I plan on going to the doctor once my insurance kicks in in a couple of months, but until then I'd like some advice on minimizing the discomfort. The first is what seems to be a rotator cuff problem. I injured it a...

Broken shoulder [ 0 Answers ]

?? when the humerus fractures at the shoulder, what changes occur that make it difficult or impossible to raise the arm??

View more questions Search