Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabornagy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Training after hernia surgery
    Dear Help Desk,

I had inguinal hernia first on the right side and later (4 months ago) on the left, as well.

I would like to ask for your advice about the training after the surgery.

Can I go to the gym and lift weights or I should find an alternative way to train my body??

Now I swimm 2-3 times a week, is it good, what you think?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Best Regards,

Gabor
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 22, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Your doctor has been very remiss if he didn't supply you with a list of dos and donts after surgery. But common sense would tell me not to put any additional pressure on my abs by lifting weights. Sorry, but can't diagnose here and that is all I can offer in the way of advice. After my hernia operation, I was told bed rest and no strenuous activity for at least a month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tubular breasts, surgery or no surgery? [ 28 Answers ]

Growing up I always hoped my weird looking breasts just hadn't fully developed but I'm now 21 and they're still the same. I didn't realise there was a medical name for my problem but recently I've been looking into surgery and was told I had tubular breasts. It's not so much the breast that I'm...

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

Weight training after hernia surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to undergo doulble ingunial hernia surgery. I hurt myself on the job but I also am an avid weight lifter. Is this operation going to result in me never being able to lift again or will it be OK after I deal completely?

View more questions Search