Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adela saxon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 05:21 AM
    Removing a name from house title
    I Would Like To Know How I Can Remove A Name From The Title Of My Home... when My Husband Passed Away I, The Wife Had Controlling Interest In The House And My Two Sons Were Also On The Title... by The Way We Live In Louisiana... community Property State... I Would Like To Remove One Of My Sons That I Have Not Seen In Over 20 Years, Or Heard From... I Know He Lives In Dalas And, I Know That HE Does Not Want Anything To Do With His Family In Louisiana, He Even Had Me... his Mother Removed As Next Of Kin From His Military Records... even When Katrina Distroyed My City And My Home... I Didn't Even Get A Call... now In My Old Age I Am Afraid I Can Get A Lean On My House Or Something Worst With Me Not Knowing... I Really Would Like To Take Him Off So My Other Son Can Inherit The House After I Am Gone... he Was The Only One Here For Me Since My Husband Passed Away And Help Me Rebuild After Katrina And Every Day Of His Life... what Can I Do? MY YOUNGEST SON DESERVE TO BE THE OWNER OF THIS HOUSE SINCE HE HAS RBULILT, FURNISHED, AND MAINTAINS THE HOUSE EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE.

>Moved from Forum Help<
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 22, 2008, 05:43 AM
    The only way for your son to be removed from the deed is for him to give you a new deed transferring all of his ownership interest to you. You may have to pay him to do this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2008, 05:45 AM
    You can't. The only way to remove a name from a title is to have that person sign a quit claim deed transferring title to you and your other son.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adela saxon
    I Would Like To Know How I Can Remove A Name From The Title Of My Home...when My Husband Passed Away I, The Wife Had Controlling Interest In The House And My Two Sons Were Also On The Title.....by The Way We Live In Louisiana...community Property State..................i Would Like To Remove One Of My Sons That I Have Not Seen In Over 20 Years, Or Heard From....i Know He Lives In Dalas And, I Know That HE Does Not Want Anything To Do With His Family In Louisiana, He Even Had Me...his Mother Removed As Next Of Kin From His Military Records....even When Katrina Distroyed My City And My Home...i Didn't Even Get A Call ....now In My Old Age I Am Afraid I Can Get A Lean On My House Or Something Worst With Me Not Knowing....i Really Would Like To Take Him Off So My Other Son Can Inherit The House After I Am Gone...he Was The Only One Here For Me Since My Husband Passed Away And Help Me Rebuild After Katrina And Each And Every Day Of His Life............what Can I Do? MY YOUNGEST SON DESERVE TO BE THE OWNER OF THIS HOUSE SINCE HE HAS RBULILT, FURNISHED, AND MAINTAINS THE HOUSE EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE.

>Moved from Forum Help<
    Unfortunately, what your son may or may not deserve does not enter into the legal picture. Your son owns the same share of the house that you own and, as said above, you would have to buy out his interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing a chimney on outside of house [ 6 Answers ]

I have a chimney that goes from the ground level through the roof (overhang) on the FRONT of my house. My house is a rambler with a basement but the chimney does not go down into the basement and was built in early 70's. I would like to remove the chimney and fireplace and replace it with a...

Removing sisters name from the deed to a house [ 1 Answers ]

My sister passed away unexpectedly a little over a month ago, the house I currently live in is under my name and my sisters name, how can I go about removing her name from the deed? I just recently received her death certificate.

Car Title with just my name on it, and removing dad's [ 2 Answers ]

Hello- I am lost on what to do! Back in 99 my dad co-signed on a stratus that I was purchasing, so therefore both of our names were put on the title with an "and" in between our names. Well the stratus had been paid for and the title sent from the financing company. Here just a few months ago, I...

Removing Someone from Title [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased my home in 7/03 and added my domestic partner to the title on 11/05. I am the only one on the mortgage and at this time and the only one working and paying the bills. We are in the mix of a separation and she is threatened to take half of my house away. Do I have to sell and give her...

Removing house paint from bumper [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was trying to be nice, and pull my car into the garage for me. He slipped the clutch, and my car jumped into the side of the garage door leaving house paint on my bumper. My car is yellow. How do I safely get white house paint off the bumper without damaging my paint?

View more questions Search