Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexychezza2005 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 03:46 AM
    Still no baby after a year
    Right here goes, I'm new to this so bear with me. I'm 18 and I have been with by boyfriend 5 1/2 years on the 23rd. We have been trying for a baby for over a year now and its still not happened. My periods are like clock work and we have both taken home fertility tests and these seem normal. Its killing me not getting pregnant. 1 of my friends got pregnant on her 2nd month of trying and all I can think about is why not me? All I want is to be a mum and make my partner a daddy. If anyone has any information and help I would be very grateful. Take care xx
    PINKU10000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexychezza2005
    Right here goes, i'm new to this so bear with me. I'm 18 and i have been with by boyfriend 5 1/2 years on the 23rd. We have been trying for a baby for over a year now and its still not happened. My periods are like clock work and we have both taken home fertility tests and these seem normal. Its killing me not getting pregnant. 1 of my friends got pregnant on her 2nd month of trying and all i can think about is why not me? All i want is to be a mum and make my partner a daddy. If anyone has any information and help i would be very greatful. Take care xx
    Now try again

May 22, 2008, 06:05 AM
    What's that mean?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 08:01 AM
    It can sometimes take over a year even when everything is fine... but you may want to speak to your gp about seeing a consultant for some testing... for both of you. They may or may not decide to start just yet but it wouldn't hurt to ask. At least you will know if there is anything you may need to do... sometimes it is a fairly simple fix.

May 22, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Thank you for your advice I will keep you posted
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 03:47 PM
    It took 1 year for me to get due to deprovera shot? Was you on birth control pills or took shots in the past because sometimes when you stop using it can take a while to get pregnant but sometimes when you want something the results don't happen right away. When me and my ex stop thinking about it that's when it happen and I starting thinking I can't get pregnant or he has low sperm count. Now I'm pregnant, isn't that something.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Try the billings ovulation method-especially since your periods are clockwork.

Jul 9, 2008, 05:34 AM
    I'm 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant!! Thanks to everyone that replied I'm soooo happy xx
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jul 9, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Congrats! :D
    I was about to reply, but looks like you don't need it. :P
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexychezza2005
    I'm 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant!!!! Thanks to everyone that replied i'm soooo happy xx

Congrats!! Enjoy the adventure!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's been almost a year, can I get my baby back? [ 27 Answers ]

I am a birthmother and I suffer from depression and lost my husband 2 years before I placed my baby for adoption. I was so depressed and I was not on medication at the time I placed my child for adoption. What are the odds that I can get my child back. I am know on medication for depression and...

3 year old ignores baby [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 year old boy is autistic and refuses to be in the same room with my 9 month old daughter. He has never really liked being around her, but we thought he'd get used to her. This makes our days really difficult because they both insist on all of my attention. I always feel like I'm leaving...

My 18 year old sons new baby [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NC and I have a 18 yr old son who is a college student. He was dating a wonderful girl and she got pregnant. They told me right before Thanksgiving and although shocked we accepted it and wanted to do all we could for both of them. Before Christmas his girlfriend broke up with him and...

My 17 year old daughter is very confused about her keeping the baby or not [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I Have A 17 Year Old Daughter Who Has Moved In With He Boyfriend And Now She Is Pregnant. Her Boyfriend Doesn't Want The Baby And Tells Her That If She Has The Baby He Is Going To Leave Her. He Wants For Her To Get An Abortion. She Doesn't Want To Get An Abortion. She Wants To Keep The Baby. But...

TryinG for a baby for a year [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex and been trying for a baby for a year. We are desperate to be parents. We have sex quite often and have it during ovulation but no luck. I feel like giving up, as I have no hope left and am desperate for a baby. When I was younger I went on the...

View more questions Search