Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MattNWR Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 02:12 AM
    Am I getting old and grumpy!
    Why do most things seem to really get to me! I hate all new music, doesn't seem to be any thought or creativity behind any new songs at all, whatever the genre. Except for Nightworker Revival, Lovelust, Brian Jonestown Massacre to name a few. Where are the Bob Dylans and Lou Reeds of the modern generation?

Also I hate how the english language is turning into "newspeak" from the classic novel "1984". Wen people typ lyk this I just want to go crazy! I can't even see people growing out of it as my mom is starting to do it on her text messages!

Im only 23, should I fight or join?
    ladieedee21 Posts: 96, Reputation: 6

May 22, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Live your life!
    Damnn you know.. your just thinking too much.
    I think your going to do great.
    No worriess...
    Continuee too stay up... continuee to livee.. continuee to love... and continue to calm down... This is how life goes.. and I don't think it's bad. Just stop thinking too much and move on..
    You know you can.. You really want to waste your time like this?
    =]]
    MattNWR Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Well musics my life and I want to hear something new, imagine being an avid reader and finding out you won't read a good book again. I swear I was born in the wrong generation. Maybe I'm a 60's free spirit reincarnated

May 22, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Lol.. You see...
    Listen life is like this. If your going to continue being like this.. nothing will happen.. and your wasting your life.. make a family...
    Try to find some new songs.. there are many out there where you don't know about..
    Why you keeping yourself so down..
    Be reall.

May 22, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Im going through a lot too..
    I mean my mom is nothing compared to me. But I try to live life and enjoy it..
    Its never too latee..
    I know you can.. I knoww itt... eevryonee will know it..
    They'll see you so reall..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNWR
    I swear i was born in the wrong generation. Maybe im a 60's free spirit reincarnated
    Hello Rock:

I know it's you... We got high together in Chitown in '68 at the Democratic convention... Then you died...

I recognize your proze and your love for Lou Reed. How's it hanging, Dude?

excon
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Hey, I was a social worker based in the building next door to the '68 Democratic National Convention in Chicago... for real.

"Where have all the flowers gone...???"
    ms williams Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 09:54 PM
    All the REAL music is has been forced underground. The corporations can not have you thinking on your own or hearing an opinion other than theirs or better yet they give you music that says absolutely nothing. I feel your frustration. For me it is reality TV. It makes me want to poke my eyes out. I can not believe people watch that horrible mind numbing bull. We are living in an "orwellean" nightmare. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT... and never give in.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 07:06 AM
    I hear you!
    No thought or creativity, NO harmony, bass turned up so loud all you hear is bomp, bomp, bomp.
    No your not a grumpy old man but that stuff they call music sure can make you feel that way.
    ... and to think my parents thought the rock and roll of the 60's was bad at least it had meaning, soul and rhythm!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My grumpy dog. [ 3 Answers ]

Lately my dog had constantly been very grumpy and mean to everyone. He was never like that before:eek: .he used to be so nice. (I don't know if this might do with it, but he's a jacck russel- border chollie.) what could be wrong with him?

Grumpy dog at bedtime [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I have a 12 year old desexed male Collie cross called Mitch who is generally a great dog. He's great company, obedient, smartest dog I have ever owned or met face to face and a very much loved member of our family. The only dramas we have ever had with hiim is that he barks a little too...

View more questions Search