Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfadre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 07:43 PM
    What to do with wedding guests who didn't RSVP?
    We're getting married June 7th and need a final head count for the caterers. Many people haven't sent back their RSVP's. We've called to remind them but still haven't received them. We're afraid that people will show up anyway. It's also a monetary concern. If we go over 75 people, it will cost us $1000 more. What's the proper etiquette? HELP.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Approved post and moved from forum help to etiquette.

Call them and be frank and blunt, sorry if it is that important, let them know that you have to know to plan. I have noticed this lately, the last three times we sent out RSVP, over 1/2 did not and about 1/2 of those showed up at events.
    It was funny, I talked to many younger people they did not even know what the RSVP means.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 24, 2008, 01:52 PM
    We're putting a few extra plates (only 5 more) in case if some people don't RSVP or bring an extra guest
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Chuck is right, you have to be blunt about it. Since a wedding is an event where headcount affects price, it's important you know how many people are coming. As rude as it ay seem, you need to call these people and ask them directly if they will be attending. And to comfort you if you think that's just too rude it's more polite than turning them away at the reception! If you don't want to call them, have a close relative do it - that way you are a bit removed from the situation.

Your only other option is to include them as coming and fork out the extra money. But then if they don't show up... you're out an extra $1000. Not too good for you!
    jazzed1031 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2011, 12:06 AM
    I'm helping my younger sister with this problem. My suggestion is to send out a sweet, straight forward blundt note saying something to the extent of: The RSVP deadline was 8-10-2011. We did not receive your reply in a timely manner or at all. There was a head count deadline to the caterers. There will be appetizers available for your enjoyment. Thank You.

What do you think? Is it confusing, do you understand what I'm saying? I just would really like to put: Since you didn't reply, you don't get the real food, lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dinner Party Etiquette - guests inviting more guests! [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a small dinner party with family members. A month ago I sent out an email invitation to the all the family living near by, total of 12 guests. Now, 3 days before the party one of the family members has invited 6 more people to my party, 4 are family from out of town, 2 are dates. ...

RSVP postcard [ 2 Answers ]

I'm getting married on April 5th (less than 3 months) I will be mailing out my invites in the middle of next month. For the RSVP we are putting together a postcard. I am in the process of making the postcard right now. I'm not sure what date to put on the RSVP for them to respond by. Does anyone...

Family wedding guests [ 3 Answers ]

If a bride says she is inviting immediate family, including siblings and their children, is it proper etiquette for her to exclude her one brother's children?

Ros RSVP new hardware found.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people that know more than I could ever learn about computers, I've got a problem :eek: When I boot my computer up (dell-xp) it comes up every time with the below message "new hardware found RoS RSVP" Then when you try to install the hardware it asks for the cd, which I don't...

View more questions Search