Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

May 21, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Young adult novels
    I need some great young adult books to read that are on 9th grade level.
    Any suggestions? Thank you! :)
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

May 29, 2008, 04:00 PM
    There's listening for lions, fabulous book I loved it!
    There of course Hatchet
    All of these are good, plus in the library it chalcked full of good books
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Please, for your sake and for the sake of all future generations, steer clear of books intended for teen girls.
    You will ultimately be left with, whether consciously or subconsciously, a feeling that your ultimate goal in life is to cater to a teenage boy whom you will allegedly "love."
    Instead of aiming for books tailored for kids, try challenging yourself with an adult novel. I recommend Anthony Burgess, Kurt Vonnegut, David Sedaris, and Ray Bradbury.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 05:38 PM
    A tree grows in brooklyn, to kill a mocking bird

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scene young girl asking adult for sex [ 5 Answers ]

I remember having watched a film in which a girl (I'm pretty sure she was a teenager) was telling an adult (Colm Meaney? I associate his face to that scene) she wanted to lose virginity with an older man (supposedly him) and after telling her it was unappropriate, I think he finally forced her to,...

Powerless Young Adult [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20 years old and a junior in college. I don't have a car at the moment. My mother is more controlling than my father. My father is the laid back kind of person, he just chills. I have to complete 8 hours of community service for my social work class before oct.18 and I am in Montgomery for...

Parenting of a young adult [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old who is in her 3rd year of college. She is having trouble with her roommate's boyfriend who is very controlling. This boyfriend has also manipulated all of my daughter's friends at school. This boy has managed to drive a wedge between my daughter and all of her friends at...

Trying to find the title and author of a young adult book. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been trying to remember the title and/or author of a couple of books that I read when I was younger. They involved a boy who was from another planet and didn't know it. I think he had powers, or at least had a little bit of precognition. I can't remember most of the events in the...

View more questions Search