Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    birdy12 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Red maple
    What is the history of the red maple tree?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

May 21, 2008, 10:59 AM
    It's a native north american species. Grows in wet lands with spectacular red spring buds and red fall foilage against a silvery bark. A tree of small stature grows about as large as a redbud or a dogwood tree with which they look nice together in the landscape. The maple family hybridizes readily and it can be crossed to form scarlet maple which is a much larger tree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Maple Tree [ 3 Answers ]

I have a red maple tree and something is eating the leaves. I need help to find out how to stop the pest and what to use to stop them

Maple Roots [ 2 Answers ]

I have this maple in my front yard and a lot of the roots are growing above ground and spreading across my lawn. I was thinking of putting a load of top soil and planting some ivy on top. Any feedback or suggestions? Its getting real hard to mow what little grass that does grow. Ampman

Maple tree [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am removing maple tree and I want to plant Dogwood close to that area. How can I remove maple tree roots to plant Dogwood? Thank you Paul

Which red maple tree? [ 1 Answers ]

PLease help me decide which red maple tree to plant. I live in Greensboro, NC and the site is in full sun with somewhat clay soil. I am looking for a beautiful fiery red tree with a good shape. I am confused about the cultivars "October Glory", Autumn Flame, or Red Sunset. The pictures I have...

Red Maple Trees [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question, My question is How long are the Maple Tree's Roots? How wide are they? Also how big do they get? Thanks Sa1122

View more questions Search