Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andjusticeforno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Teen daughter estranged
    The arizona courts have taken control of my daughter, and she seems fine with it. I call her missing because with the help of her current guardian she has removed herself from me in every area of life. She refused food clothes cards gifts church contact and everything i tried to send. She seems to be ok with her father who is in prison for the second time for drug abuse related crimes. The courts have assumed i have drug addition problems and treat me like i do not deserve to live. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I posted a message earlier and received very unpleasant and judgemental responses which is no surprise, my family sisters etc, seem to care less about this situation i am in.
    Apocryphy Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2008, 10:28 AM
    First SMILE! Things may seem so out of your control right now but these things also take time. I am though confused with a few things. One why is she now in state custody? What is your role in it? What is the fathers involvement in this?
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

May 21, 2008, 10:33 AM
    No. In your last post, which you edited, you had mentioned that you and your husband signed over your rights due to financial hardship.

If your daughter does NOt want to have anything to do with you, she doesn't have to. And, according to the courts, you need to back off as they advised you to do so in the first place.

If she wants to have contact with her father, that is her decision and none of your business.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO
    No. In your last post, which you edited, you had mentioned that you and your husband signed over your rights due to financial hardship.

If your daughter does NOt want to have anything to do with you, she doesn't have to. And, according to the courts, you need to back off as they advised you to do so in the first place.

If she wants to have contact with her father, that is her decision and none of your business.

For a few minutes there I thought it was me! Yes, the story has been edited to get different and probabely more supportive advice and the question posted here is most definitely NOT the original story. Am I right that this is the third version?

Hard to give meaningful advice (other than moral support) when the story keeps getting edited and changed.

Now to climb on my soapbox - this appears to be a flaw on the site. OP posts a question and circumstances, gets a response which is not favorable to OP, CHANGES the original post in order to have less responsibility for the situaton and now the person who responded looks like he/she is unduly critical or harsh (because the original info is now pulled). Others who respond are extremely supportive of the OP because they have no idea what the true, original story was and they become critical of that first person who responded.

Clunk! Falling off my soapbox.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pre-teen daughter is very emotional--Help [ 5 Answers ]

I have a pre-teen daughter who is very emotional. She seems to explode and get so touchy. Tonight she is so upset and crying heavily downstairs because we had a conflict. She was on the computer doing some email stuff, fisnishing up. The only reason she had been on was to email some stuff to...

Teen daughter hits me [ 22 Answers ]

My 13-year-old daughter is as tall as me and weighs the same as me. If I say something she doesn't like (usually about food - she constantly eats and now weighs about 150lbs) she reacts violently, hitting me, kicking me and screaming abuse ("you're a fat ugly pig, you're disgusting, everyone hates...

Don't know what to do with teen daughter [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Am new to this site, I have been married to my husband for 12 yrs and we have six kids between the two of us and we raised them all. Four Graduated and we have my two daugthers left to graduate. One a Senior and one a junior. My 18 yr old that is the senior, was molested by her...

How can I communicate with my teen daughter [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 13.5 daughter. She does not want to spend family time with the family (father, younger sister and brother including me). She is mean towards her younger sister. She does not want her sister to come in her room or spends time with her. She always on the phone talking to her friend. She does...

Please Help Me With My Teen Daughter [ 5 Answers ]

I just learned that my daughter who is 13.5 has been talking on a phone at nights with a guy friend. I tried to call the number back and a young kid answered the phone; it appeared to be a cell phone. I hung up the phone, I just needed to confirm who she was talking to. Lately, she can't get...

View more questions Search