Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

May 20, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Wow... Power to the women!! Yeah guys suck... They should only come around when we want to have sex. Hostile acts, immature...

That's what this sounds like... that it is her husband problem.

What if that while he's at work, all he can think about is how attractive his wife is and can't wait to get home to her? Is that hostile? I'm a stay-at-home dad. I think about my wife all day long with fantasy after fantasy playing in my head. The only problem is my wife ignores my sexual needs. It's been almost a month since we last had sex. But since I'm a guy, I guess I'm at fault. Maybe I am addicted to sex and need counseling. I should probably talk to my wife too. If you agree that I need counseling or I need to talk to her, please note that this is my only complaint about my marriage, but it's getting to be a big complaint. I tell my wife about six times a year that we don't have enough sex. I even told her that I would probably be happy with sex twice a month (even though three to four times a week would be much better), yet it's still the same. Yes, I am sexually frustrated to the point that I fantasize about leaving my wife or dating someone that will give me the sexual attention that my wife refuses. I am not a cheater. I love my wife and would never do that to her. So where does that leave me?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 20, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Giani,

Here's your official, pity pot.

What do you think could be the cause of your sexual misery? Could it be that it might be your behavior or your attitude towards your wife.

May I suggest maybe a little romance or consideration for her might be in order!
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

May 21, 2008, 05:49 AM
    So all those recent times of buying flowers and telling her how beautiful she is on a regular basis (and actually meaning it) isn't showing romance? It just seems that no matter what it is the husband that needs to change or is always at fault. I'm the one that is trying to keep our marriage alive. I cook, clean, do laundry so she can relax when she gets home. Before I became a stay-at-home dad, I bought her diamond earrings because I wanted her to know how special she is to me, and it would be the last gift I could buy her with money I earned. So is my attitude towards my wife still bad? My actual attitude in my last post was for all the blame that women put on men in these posts.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Hi, Giani513,
    Don't be mad because you don't know how to love yourself, and make yourself happy. That's not her fault. I tell the same thing to the unhappy females also. If you had your own thread, I could go into great detail, of how your anger and frustration is misdirected at the wrong person, for the wrong reason.
    sylvan_1998 Posts: 156, Reputation: 45

May 21, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Okay, Giani... I get what you are saying. You have tried all you know how to try and you are tired of being the bad guy. All you want is to get some from the woman you dote on and the woman you love.

I am there with you. I have been the wife with no drive and now am the wife with all the drive with a husband who has none. Again our only complaint with each other.

So with this said... Even though you do all this for your wife... do you listen, really listen, to her? Get a third party involved (counselor) to help you both communicate and then act. My husband does all you do, and says all you say, and I appreciate it. My mother did all the housework too and told me how pretty I was. Intimacy starts with spending time with each other focused on the other while talking or being. Sex will follow when you least expect it... so don't expect it!
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by giani513
    Wow...Power to the women!!! Yeah guys suck...They should only come around when we want to have sex. Hostile acts, immature....

That's what this sounds like...that it is her husband problem.

What if that while he's at work, all he can think about is how attractive his wife is and can't wait to get home to her? Is that hostile? I'm a stay-at-home dad. I think about my wife all day long with fantasy after fantasy playing in my head. The only problem is my wife ignores my sexual needs. It's been almost a month since we last had sex. But since I'm a guy, I guess I'm at fault. Maybe I am addicted to sex and need counseling. I should probably talk to my wife too. If you agree that I need counseling or I need to talk to her, please note that this is my only complaint about my marriage, but it's getting to be a big complaint. I tell my wife about six times a year that we don't have enough sex. I even told her that I would probably be happy with sex twice a month (even though three to four times a week would be much better), yet it's still the same. Yes, I am sexually frustrated to the point that I fantasize about leaving my wife or dating someone that will give me the sexual attention that my wife refuses. I am not a cheater. I love my wife and would never do that to her. So where does that leave me?
    That leaves you discovering what Marriage is about. And it isn't about having sex whenever you want it. It isn't about your wife being at your beck and call. It isn't about fulfilling your lustful desires.

Its about self sacrifice and love. So, do your best to be understanding.

On the other hand, you seem to have a handle on doing the housework and the cooking. That's only fair since apparently she's having to work to pay the bills.

What I recommend, if you haven't done it already, is you ask your wife what turns her on. Some women find it hard to tell their husbands as they feel we should already know. But we don't. So, if that is the case find a book about what turns women on. Learn to pick the right times when she is at her peak sexual sensitivity. Read about massage and other "petting" techniques. If you get real good at these, you might get to the point where you have the opposite problem.

Then you'll have to learn the art of faking a headache.

Sincerely,

De Maria

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Should I do to ge along with my husband? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 26 year old and I am married for 6 years and have two girls... We do not have any communication, I already talked to him about it but nothing good is happening and if I ask him something he gets mad for no reason. If I try to talk to him he says "Yeah, it is my fault, it is always my fault". I...

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

Windows 98 Problem/Port Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a laptop with W98. I also have a double problem. First, Many times when I start the machine up and see the screen, the mouse cursor goes haywire and the screen is blinking all over the place. I then unplug the mouse adaptor from the port and replug it in, then restart the machine(all this...

Is this guy my husband? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a relationship and I want to know if he will be my husband.

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

View more questions Search