Just bought the Lennox blower control board replacement kit - 31M73

I'm stuck on wiring the transformer---

The five wires coming out of the transformer going to the old board are -
    Yellow - common
    Blue - 24 vac
    Orange-L2 XFMER Primary
    Black - L1 XFMER Primary
    Red - PARK

Directions say - 'Connect transformer 24 volt power wires to terminals R and C (XFRMR) on replacement control board.'
    What wires go to R and C??

I know where L1 and L2 are going. But the directions don't say anything about the red PARK wire. What does PARK mean, and where might it go??

---confused
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2006, 10:37 AM
    Connect the red and blue to R and C on the circuit board. Not familiar with ''PARK''. Likely the yellow is a center tap unused in your application. If you have a multimeter, you might verify the resistance between the blue and red is the sum of the yellow to each one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Motor wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Blower motor has 4 wires +ground. 1 yellow 1 blk & 2 brwn(one with a small copper band on it) How is it to be wired to power? Which is common and which for speed? Thanks.

Bad Furnace Control Board? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Carrier 58PAV that intermittently aborts or sometimes clicks on and off at the draft blower stage. I found out I can move the control board (HK42FZ007) when the blower motor clicks off, and it clicks and comes right back on. If I hold it just right, the furnace starts and if I manage to...

Power to furnace control board but stops there [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was given a Nordyne KG6RA gas furnace. After installing, I turned on and there was a low hum when the power got to it. I held the door switch closed so I could see. After a few seconds there was a spark and then blue smoke and everything went dead. I could not see where the smoke came...

Wiring Remote Control Fan [ 3 Answers ]

My son just bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that came with a remote control. He really didn't want the remote and wanted it wired with the switches on the wall. However the only way you can reverse the fan direction is with the remote so he wants to use the switches on the wall for the fan and...

Powering the G terminal on my furnace control board [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My furnace's control board recently blew and the repair guy replaced it with a different kind. Aparently the new board requires a wire from the thermostat to the G terminal to work the A/C fan, and the old one didn't. The repair guy would need to make another trip for this repair. I am...

View more questions Search