Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnilbidwytk13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 04:36 AM
    Ex girlfriend causing severe depression.( Long distance relationship)
    Hello, I know many of you will read this and think its ridiculous for me to feel this way... but here goes. So in April of 2007 I went on a cruise, I was 17 years old. A few days into the cruise I met this beautiful girl at the front of the ship. She was out there alone. I walked by and I just kept feeling that I had to go talk to her. So I walked up to her and just kind of started a conversation with her. She was from Ohio. A junior in high school and she was 16. Everyday for the rest of the cruise we spent every minute together. We just clicked so perfectly after a few days we finally kissed. It was the most amazing feeling I've ever experienced. A few nights later we messed around a little bit... nothing to serious though. Well we had to leave we both felt terrible. I couldn't sleep that night. At 4 am I turned a bathroom light on and wrote a huge letter to her. Giving her all my contact information. I put it at her door in the morning. (I had to leave before her). After we got home we talked all day, everyday. We would skip hanging out with our friends just to talk. In August of 2007 we decided she was going to come out and visit me. She did. I have to tell you. I haven't felt like I was going to throw up this bad EVER. She finally got there and I was okay. Later that night we ended up having sex.. both losing our virginity to each other. She had to leave the next day. We both cried and I was in a slump all day. So things were fine for a while. In November of 07 I planned on coming to see her and all she could say was it wasn't going to work out anymore. We basically stopped talking. I would try to talk but she just didn't seem to understand how much it hurt me. So its been over 6 months since we ended it. I cannot stop thinking about her or comparing her to any other girl I try to start something with. I just picture her no matter what the smallest things make me think of her. I've been in severe depression ever since. I just really would like to have someone talk to me about this. Thank you if you have read this far.
    batgirl2009 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2008, 12:01 PM
    That's really sad. And NO it's not ridiculous. I think it's really sweet. You were obviously very hurt by her reaction. I don't know if she gave you a reason or not but from the way you phrased it, it looks like she didn't. Which would hurt even more. You have every right to feel this way. There was no real closure which can make things even harder to deal with. I have more to say but it's more personal so I will just message it to you. But if you ever want to just vent or complain about something then I'm always here to listen to you. I know that what you are going through can't be easy and I want to help you in whatever way you need! Just remember that!
    JROTC Tubolino Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Man I know exactly what your taalking about. I have the same problem except we still are dating and we live about 20 min. from each other. FRirst off id like to say I'm sorry. I know what it fells like to be heart broken it sucks. There are a couple of things you could probably do, 1) Try to forget, try to find some one that has all of, or some of the things your looking for. I alwase thouught no one could compare to mine bur you'd be amazed at how many people are actually out there. 2) Just keep trying to get through to her don't give up. "The only easy day was yesterday". For your depression I really don't know what to say I'm dealling with it to. All I can really do is sourround myself with my best friends and hope for the best. Sorry I can't be more help. Contact me if you want!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 06:35 PM
    See a doctor for the deppression and maybe you need some extra help coping with your own feelings of loss. I know its not easy, and its hard to accept that the summer fling you had has ended, but that's what you must accept. Appreciate the beauty, and regret the end, but do move on. You can't stop your life, for what is slowly becoming a memory.
    lisap024 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

May 21, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mnilbidwytk13
    Hello, I know many of you will read this and think its ridiculous for me to feel this way...but here goes. So in April of 2007 I went on a cruise, I was 17 years old. a few days into the cruise I met this beautiful girl at the front of the ship. She was out there alone. I walked by and I just kept feeling that I had to go talk to her. So I walked up to her and just kind of started a conversation with her. She was from Ohio. A junior in high school and she was 16. Everyday for the rest of the cruise we spent every minute together. We just clicked so perfectly after a few days we finally kissed. It was the most amazing feeling I've ever experienced. A few nights later we messed around a little bit...nothing to serious though. Well we had to leave we both felt terrible. I couldn't sleep that night. at 4 am I turned a bathroom light on and wrote a huge letter to her. giving her all my contact information. I put it at her door in the morning. (I had to leave before her). After we got home we talked all day, everyday. we would skip hanging out with our friends just to talk. In August of 2007 we decided she was going to come out and visit me. She did. I have to tell you. I haven't felt like I was going to throw up this bad EVER. She finally got there and I was okay. Later that night we ended up having sex..both losing our virginity to each other. She had to leave the next day. We both cried and I was in a slump all day. So things were fine for a while. In November of 07 I planned on coming to see her and all she could say was it wasn't going to work out anymore. We basically stopped talking. I would try to talk but she just didn't seem to understand how much it hurt me. so its been over 6 months since we ended it. I cannot stop thinking about her or comparing her to any other girl I try to start something with. I just picture her no matter what the smallest things make me think of her. I've been in severe depression ever since. I just really would like to have someone talk to me about this. Thank you if you have read this far.
    She's a young girl and she probably met someone else. It sucks but, long distance doesn't work for most people. Tore my marriage apart. It's sweet that you care this much for her but, you're causing yourself the damage not her. She was honest with you and told you it wouldn't work. It's not what you want to hear but, causes youless heart ache in the long run.
    mnilbidwytk13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Thanks guys your words really mean a lot to me. I always feel so alone and like I have no one to talk to about it. How do I check my messages? I'm new here so I don't know.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Go to "My profile" at the top of the page and on the left side click on list messages and wahla!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Long Distance Relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I'm currently in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and I are about 2100 miles away!! :( It's 2 months until I see him again, and its been 3months since I've seen him. Has anyone ever been in a long distance relationship or is in one? Write your stories here:)

Long distance relationship. [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry its so long... it's my 1st question ever. Hi!. so I'm in a long distance relationship, we've been dating for about 4 months and everything has been good we have seen each other at least once or twice (both equally visited each other) BUT recently he moved back home to his parents for...

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I'm still in high school living with a parent. My boyfriend lives 30 min away and he just got out of school. I use to see him every weekend. My parent has kemo every other Saturday which means I can only see him every other weekend. When I do see him my parent watches us the whole time. We only...

I met a girl over the internet about a year ago, we were decent friends at first and then it quickly evolved into me and her basically dating over the internet. We talk on the phone and have sent pictures to each other on a regular basis. The only really problem is that we are both young adults and...

My b/f works out on the road for 4 weeks at a time and comes home for 1 week. My question is what ideas do you have to keep it spicy and hot while he's gone and when he comes home. We phone each other every night and text through the day but I don't want to be boring during these times. We are both...

View more questions Search