Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msenergy63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 01:43 AM
    Metoprolol Succ er 25 MG Taeth
    I have been taking Metoprolol Succ er 25 MG Taeth for several weeks for blood pressure. In the past 2 weeks I have been experiencing headaches not long after taking my daily pill. These headaches are in the temple area and on top of my head. I will go as long as I can with my headache then I will take 3 Ibuprofen in about 30 to 45 minutes the pain will stop. I think the headaches are being caused by the Metoprolol is that possible? Am I doing myself any damage by taking 3 Ibuprofen... I usually take it several hours after taking the Metoprolol. Is it possible that by taking Metoprolol it can damage my heart? My mother had a enlarged heart and that has been concerned.
    chappy16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msenergy63
    I have been taking Metoprolol Succ er 25 MG Taeth for several weeks for blood pressure. In the past 2 weeks I have been experiencing headaches not long after taking my daily pill. These headaches are in the temple area and on top of my head. I will go as long as I can with my headache then I will take 3 Ibuprofen in about 30 to 45 minutes the pain will stop. I think the headaches are being caused by the Metoprolol is that possible? Am I doing myself any damage by taking 3 Ibuprofen...........I usually take it several hours after taking the Metoprolol. Is it possible that by taking Metoprolol it can damage my heart? My mother had a enlarged heart and that has been concerned.
    Hello, I am having the same problem that you are having.. Im taking Metoprolol 50mg and my side effects are... Very bad headaches top- of the head, temporal area, top of the head. Numbness of the face, Symptoms of depression, diarrhea, stomach pain, body aches. I looked online and have found allot of people with the same problems we are having.. It felt like I was dying.. Please go see your dr... Its your meds.. take care
    mjc21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msenergy63
    I have been taking Metoprolol Succ er 25 MG Taeth for several weeks for blood pressure. In the past 2 weeks I have been experiencing headaches not long after taking my daily pill. These headaches are in the temple area and on top of my head. I will go as long as I can with my headache then I will take 3 Ibuprofen in about 30 to 45 minutes the pain will stop. I think the headaches are being caused by the Metoprolol is that possible? Am I doing myself any damage by taking 3 Ibuprofen...........I usually take it several hours after taking the Metoprolol. Is it possible that by taking Metoprolol it can damage my heart? My mother had a enlarged heart and that has been concerned.
    I too have was just recently put on Metoprolo Succ er 25mg, about 3 weeks. This last week have had horrible headaches in my temple as well as, body aches, nausea, and depression. I thought it might have been just me, then I talked to my dad and told me to look up the drug. I am glad I did. I will be checking with my doctor. Thanks...
    Markie 65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 10:09 PM
    My doctor has just given me metoprolo Succ er 25mg to start taking.
    I don't want to take , but he said my 141/71 blood pressure is to high.
    It has been between 141 and 150 or so for the top number a lot

I already have a dizzy condition , my balance is off.
    I hate taking pills,
    What should I do?. thanks
    P.S. I heard you can't just stop... I am afraid it will do more harm than good.
    What do you think?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metoprolol Succinate vs Metoprolol Tartrate [ 1 Answers ]

Are these medications the same?

Metoprolol Succinate ER vs Metoprolol Tartrate [ 2 Answers ]

My family has a prescription for Toprol, both have the same milligrams. One prescription bottle has the generic Metoprolol Succinate ER and one has the generic Metoprolol Tartrate. Is there a difference and if so what is it?

Metoprolol 25 compared metoprolol succ er 25 [ 3 Answers ]

I have two prescriptions: metoprolol tartarate 25 mg and metoprolol succ er 25 mg. Does anyone know what the effective difference is? :confused: Can one replace the other? Or be used instead of the other? Thanks! :)

Metoprolol Succinate ER and Metoprolol Tartrate [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between metoprolol succ ER metoprolol tartrate?

Metoprolol succ er 25 [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently (2 days ago) had a Catheterization, everything was normal, good strong heart and wide open arteries. The reason for this procedure was during my yearly stress test I could only walk 3 miutes on the treadmill before coming breathless. My doctor has prescribed the above since...

View more questions Search