Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbya777 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2006, 04:06 AM
    Sex Before Marriage
    Well I've just turned 18 and have being going out with my boyfriend for the past 2 years, since I turned 16, he lives in italy and I live in london, and this has been hard for the last two years I see him about 4 times a year but this way I get to focus on my education so it is cool.
    But sex and that whole issue has come up, one of my friends keeps telling me "dont do it, you will go to helll" and all that but she has actually had sex with some guy she met a few times, and that was how she lost her virginity, then she comes to me saying that, is that right?
    I have a promise ring from my boyfriend, and if I say no, I don't want ot have sex he understands but I'm not sure if I should or not
    Any comments!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2006, 04:14 AM
    My comment is wait until you are actually together and seeing each other most of the time. That is when you will know if there is a true commitement. You see each other very rarely. To make the decision to have sex and not seeing each other very often I think would just hurt any chanch of a long term relationship. If your not sure, do not. If he does not understand then there is something wrong. It should not be the most important part of the relationship in my opinion.

Joe
    mbya777 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2006, 04:41 AM
    Yeah its true, that was my plain.
    Its OK I know he will be willing to wait if that was the issue.
    I know I love him and the feeling is mutual so I accept your comments and I am not planning to do it any time soon so its cool thanks
    X
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2006, 06:21 AM
    If you are seeing each other very little, I would say that you need to have more than a promice. I would wait till you can spend more than an visit with him. ( I would actually say wait tillyou are married) but having casuual sex takes away its special meaning.

Long term relationships are harder than visits, you need to be sure that you and him really do want to be together forever.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2006, 06:27 AM
    Hi,
    Don't have sex with anyone just yet, especially since you are 18 yrs old, and live apart from each other.
    Wait until you eventually marry this person, if you in fact, you do marry him at all. A lot can change while you are this far apart. Believe it or not, both of you could very well decide on ending your relationship at any time.
    Life is strange sometimes, with changing relationships. You might meet someone else, who you just can't be without. I do wish you the best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annulment of overseas military marriage teens [ 2 Answers ]

My friend(Army, 19 at the time) was married overseas in Korea to a Philapino teanager. They had a child and he went back to the States. It has been years now and there has been no contact from the girl. My friend has tried to contact her but could not. Now years latter wants to see how to...

Is it normal right before marriage to panic sometimes? [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I am about to get married and usually I am so excited and like yea woohoo, but then sometimes I totally panic, and I am like crap what if I can't be a great wife for this guy? OR what if we do drive each other nuts? Crap what if we are getting married to fast? What if I am wrong and this...

View more questions Search