Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    navedhamed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Static Pressure - for AHUs and Ducts
    I want to Calculate the Static Pressure the AHU should be Designed at, if the Air Velocity (FPM), Air Flow rate (CFM) and the Duct Length is given. Is there any direct Formula for that or a series of relations? Help needed
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 07:33 AM
    It's a little more involved that a simple formula. Look up "Manual D" which is the manual for duct design.

Lengths, cross sectional area, type of pipe (frictional losees), number of fittings, kind of fittings, transitions all contribute. So does the type of grill. Your looking to be in range of the static pressure permissible by the furnace and the CFM is's capable of delivering at that static pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My phone has static [ 8 Answers ]

My phones were working fine tonight when I called someone but then when people call me there is a bunch of static on my phone line and I checked all my lines and eveything is connected. So I picked up the phone to call someone and there is still aton of static. Any suggestions? Thanks in...

Static Test [ 11 Answers ]

Is there a way to make sure your home passes a static test?

Static air pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Is there only one way of measuring static air pressure? The age-old method of having a collapsable box with a certain volume and pressure? Or is there another way?

View more questions Search