Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    volkswagenfmhs Posts: 28, Reputation: 0
    -

May 20, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Laser-Eye Surgery
    I am 18 and I was considering getting laser eye surgery this summer. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions regarding this? Should I get lasik or blade, what are the prices, etc.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 20, 2008, 09:33 PM
    What do you mean Lasik or Blade? What is Blade? They use a blade in Lasik, if that is what you are asking. You are numbed, so you don't feel that. Prices vary by facility and by area. You should go to your local Ophthalmic office that does this surgery. Most places have a free consultation. They will give you prices, tell you financing options, and tell you what procdeure you are eligible for. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 20, 2008, 09:36 PM
    I did it and I'm so happy that I did, even though I had the PRK surgery. The surgery itself doesn't hurt, I say go for it. I have 20/20 vision now, I'm so happy.
    volkswagenfmhs Posts: 28, Reputation: 0
    -

May 22, 2008, 08:17 PM
    So is there really any more risk going to a smaller, less-know doctor, and are they cheaper? Or should I stick with the big well-known doctors? I thought Lasik was all laser and traditional surgery uses a razor blade to cut your cornea.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 22, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Lasik uses a blade to cut the corneal flap. Lasik IS traditional laser. There is PRK, but most doctors will not recommend that unless you have thin corneas. You want Lasik over PRK, less healing time, and less discomfort afterwards. I don't know that there would be more risk going to a lesser known doctor. Just make sure they are an MD :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tubular breasts, surgery or no surgery? [ 28 Answers ]

Growing up I always hoped my weird looking breasts just hadn't fully developed but I'm now 21 and they're still the same. I didn't realise there was a medical name for my problem but recently I've been looking into surgery and was told I had tubular breasts. It's not so much the breast that I'm...

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

Eye laser surgery [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone no how effective eyelaser surgery is? and is there any danger of something going wrong... and is it sore?

Laser eye surgery [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had it done and what are the benefits and/or side-effects of this type of procedure.After wearing glasses for 20 plus years and dealing with the problems of glasses, breakage,losing them,struggling to see without them when I wake up.. etc... I am thinking of having it done so I'd like...

View more questions Search