Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeesaMarie22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Cannot get off work for wedding
    My Fiancé started working at his current job about a week and a half ago. He asked about taking of four days for the wedding (which is on August 1) and they told him today that he could not have any of the days off and if he took them off anyway, he would face disciplinary actions. How can they do this? What can they actually do to him if he takes off? If they fire him for taking off for his own wedding, is there anything he can do about it?
    schwinn160 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 09:34 AM
    1) The company is within its rights to punish him for missing work. I'm not saying they are not wrong for that, but they still could.
    2) He should have negotiated this BEFORE starting the job. It would have made things much simpler.
    3) Good luck. Usually the first time you are disciplined it is only a warning, but missing 4 days could carry a tougher punishment. He should find someone he trusts that can tell him the exact actions that could be taken against him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Wedding Attire for 5 P.M. Wedding [ 3 Answers ]

What is the appropriate attire for a middle-age women at a 5 pm wedding and a 6 p.m. reception?

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search