Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noone91 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Blond wavy hair
    Hey guys.
    I am a16 years old boy and I have a blond hair that is straight after drying and gets wavy trough the day(as it gets wet in any way).
    I have medium long hair ( really quite similar to haircut tony in the sow skins has).

The problem I am facing is this: My hair is rare and very thin - this is why my hairstyle gets ruined as soon as the first wind blows - As an effect of that it gets oily in a second (have to wash my hair every night and still it is already oily when I wake up) and also sets itself in a direction my scalp can be seen(I really hate this!)

So questions:
    -What could I do to make my hair thicker and stronger
    -What could I do to make my hair stand the way I want it to trough the day
    -What could I do to make my hair not get oily so fast

I also want my hair to be straight - I don't like it being wavy since I even look worse with that. Could you also give me an advice in haircut - Maybe shorter or longer hair? (If there are any hairdressers here - I have an oval shaped face with high forehead)

Best Regards
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 20, 2008, 12:23 PM
    First off you will need a good hair cut with blunt layers in them. I think shortish hair would be good with a fringe at the front to conceal the forehead.

Straight hair makes thin hair look thin! You need some body in there, some sort of style. So if you do get shortish hair with blunt layers and a fringe, you could use hair volumising mousses or texturising sprays.

Here's the look I'm thinking of. Let me know what you think about it.
    http://www.katebloom.co.uk/images/pageimages/man_bw.jpg

Thin hair does tend to get greasy quite quickly. Chose a shampoo forumlated for greasy hair. And buy a dry shampoo! It's good for when you can't be bothered shampooing.
    And unfortunately, there's nothing I know of that makes your hair thick but taking Vitamin B complex supplements with Biotin in it will help strengthen the hair when it grows.

May 20, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Hey.
    Thanks for the idea but really don't think I have the hair for it.

If my hair gets wavy I look my worst. As I said I have rare thin hair so when the more wavy the bigger chance of showing my scalp in whatever part of my head (usually at the right top side - it's just the way my hair stands. I really do hate this :P )

So I was thinking about the haircut Maxxie in show skins has ( no I'm not some sort of skins geek :P just noticed a good haircut there ;)
    http://www.skinsmusic.co.uk/images/m...white_vest.jpg

Do you think this kind of haircut would suit me? I think I would have to use a straightener but there's a question :

Does straightening also keep your hair straight after getting wet (rain, sweating at sport class, high temperature,. )?

Best Regards!

May 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Oval face shapes suit any cut so you're lucky! :D
    But when you do straighten your hair, humidity, rain, any moist condition kinks your hair up. :(

May 20, 2008, 01:45 PM
    That's cool :P

Is there any way I can make my hair not oil so much over the day?

I wash my head before going to bed, I wake up with oily hair, use a very thick comb which makes me look OK for the next 2 hours and that's when I already get my hair oily again. So I wash my hair every day.

Another thing. I have hairspray( varnish for hair? Don't know how to say it in English). I once used it and it kept my haircut where I wanted it to be. Than came sport class - As soon as I took my shirt off my hair got screwed. Any help for that?

Best Regards

P.S. Sorry for bothering you with all these questions : just aren't feeling confident about my hair - I always think I look bad for some reason -.-"

May 20, 2008, 02:18 PM
    It's OK. I'm here to help. :p

Because you have thin hair it will tend to get greasy a lot. So use a shampoo for fine, greasy hair. Also invest in a dry shampoo, it sprays out as powder, the powder then soaks up the grease and you brush it out.
    I have fine hair and I use the new L'oreal nutri gloss shampoo formulated for hair that gets greasy too quickly.

When you take your shirt off, your hair is bound to get a bit out of shape lol. :p

May 20, 2008, 02:48 PM
    I'll take a look at that shampoo. Also the dry one - Really hate washing my hair every night :(

And yes I know it's supposed to get of shape :P It's just that the others always look good while I am afraid that I my hair again set itself so my scalp is seen. Guess I'm just a bit paranoid that's all.

Oh.. Do you suggest using hairspray(varnish for hair)?

Best Regards

May 21, 2008, 05:24 AM
    Yes, hairspray is good to keep the hair in place. The L'oreal one is the one I love!
    http://www.landyschemist.com/prodima.../lore12692.jpg

May 21, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Hey I thought you could tell me how to use hairspray.
    I mean - Should I dishevel / shuffle ( don't know the word again :( ) my hair while adding it on? If I comb my hair and than add hairspray my hair feels like being in one piece :p It doesn't look oily it just sticks itself in one piece :p

Best Regards

May 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Here's a article on how to style mens hair. It will answer most of your questions. Scroll down to fine and thin hair :D
    How To Choose Hair Products For Men | eHow.com

May 24, 2008, 01:58 AM
    Hi!
    Just want to say thanks again!
    I bought hair straightener ( GAMA Super Narrow http://www.venturama.co.uk/images/product/snarrow.jpg ) and I am very pleased with results!
    I can straighten my hair before going to bed and I will wake up with straight hair too. And when I get wet ( I let rain fall on my hair so I could test it yesterday) my hair doesn't get as wavy as it was before - It just gets a little wavy.
    I also don't have to wash my hair as often as I did before. Even if my hair is oily it looks great if straightened.

Finally pleased with my haircut :P

Thanks again!

May 24, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Hey..
    Another question :P Sorry for bothering you :)

I read on the internet, that you need to put some heat protection serum while hair is still wet and even straighten the hair while it's still wet.
    My hairdresser haven't told me anything about no heat protection serum and told me strictly not to use a straightener while my hair is still wet.

So what is the right way? If heat protection serum is needed, is it still safe to use hair straightener without it?

Best Regards

May 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
    You should not straighten wet hair. It dries it out too much.
    You can buy different types of heat protection serums. Some where you apply it to damp hair, and others to dry hair.
    The ones you apply to damp hair, you then dry the hair with a hairdryer (or blowdry) and then after that straighten with the hair dryer.
    And the one where you apply it to dry hair is where you just apply it before you straighten the hair.

Hope that helps. :)

May 25, 2008, 02:11 AM
    But is it still safe to use a hair straightener without any heat protection serums/sprays? I straightened my hair without it a couple of times and it all seems OK..

Best Regards

May 25, 2008, 05:19 AM
    No it is not safe. You're putting high heat onto your hair, it may seem okay for a while, but then later you'll start to see rough, damaged hair.

May 26, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Hey.
    This is getting lame but I've got another problem :confused:

The last 2 times I straightened my hair I did it somehow wrong..
    After straightening my hair turned in to spikes or something (overreacting) - my hair didn't just fall down like it should - it was like if I sprayed my hair with hair spray and then straighten right after it. (I hope you know what I mean). I posted a picture to see what I mean - my hair is just straight from the beginning to the end. AHH IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN

I hope you will see what I mean :(

Best Regards
    Attached Images

May 26, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Do you mean spiked? Spiked outwards? And it happens around the front of the face?

May 26, 2008, 01:24 PM
    On all sides of my head (specialy front and sides - the rear is not such a problem since I have shorter hair there.. ) I have my hair spiked outwards that's the word :P
    Just so you know - It all gets normal over the day.. It's just like that when I straighten it..
    But yeah.. It's a spiky look and it looks kind of weird at the beginning..
    It's probably just that I am doing something wrong in the process of straightening..

Best Regards

May 26, 2008, 03:21 PM
    I know what you mean. It happens because you're straightening too hard. You should just glide the straighteners over the hair very lightly in that section.

Jun 4, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Hey...
    I am facing another problem here..

For some reason my hair won't straighten anymore... I mean - I straighten a part of my hair and its still wavy until I go over it for 5 or more times and sometimes it won't straigten under no circumstances!

Is my straightener not working or is it something else.. Help me because I am really desperate :( I was happy with my hair for 2 weeks but not anymore. It's like taking a lolipop from a child :( reply as fast as you can.

Best Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wants blond & black hair w/ roots all blond. [ 3 Answers ]

So the issue is is that a few months ago, I'm estimating about 6 -8, I wanted to put a blond patch in my hair with purple tips. But the blond turned gray.so we did again and it turned a lighter grey and then we put in the purple tips and it looks plumish. I was upset about it so my mom went to get...

Blond hair to brown hair and green again [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair the lightest blond I can find for about 15 years. I wanted to get back to my original colour a dirty blond or light brown (it's been awhile). So I bought a brown dye and put it on. As it washes out it is looking a little green. Should I dye it the same colour again or...

Blond Hair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tone hair that is too blonde?

How do you cut face framing layers for long, curly/wavy hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Im going to be cutting my friends hair, and she asked for face framing. I used to know how to do this, but for the life of myself can't seem to remember. If anyone knows please give me some tips on face framing, and how to do it. THANKS:confused:

View more questions Search