Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normrefct Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Building a Laundry Chute
    Hello.

Our house is a long flat ranch. I would like to build a laundry chute from our main level somewhere above the washer and dryer in the basement. Does anyone know where I can find how-to plans and where to purchase supplies? Thank you!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2006, 05:36 PM
    We once owned a ranch with one. The laundry was in the basement under the bedroom wing. There was a door, like a cabinet door, framed up at the end of the hall. Open it up and there was a duct to the basement. I think the duct was the same as you find in the wall cavities for heating ducts. One side cut out facing the door. Just select a wall cavity, cut a hole for the door, cut the subfloor and plate, and push a length of the duct up through and fasten it. Smooth up all the rough edges so they don't snag the clothes.

We are in a 2 story now with the laundry in the garage, and I never was able to figure out how to make one work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is money laundering? [ 4 Answers ]

Please explain what money laundering means. Lou Lou

Abb Building? [ 2 Answers ]

I am feed up with my flabby belly! Its not that bad (12 stone 4) but I just hate the look of it, so I have decided to work on my abbs I now it could take months on ends but I'm prepared anyone got any tips for the diet, and exercise side? Low carbs yes but is that just bad carbs or allso good...

Alternative to a Laundry Tub [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking for an alternative to discharging a front-loading washing machine into a laundry tub. I have access to a pipe that slopes down to the septic pipe exiting the basement. This pipe is 5ft from the bottom of the washer. The manufacturer told me that the pump in the washer would only...

Building PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Looking to build my own PC - Did 1st build with a very smart friend. Now ready to go on my own. Any websites out there that can help? Thanks Stu

View more questions Search