Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2006, 06:28 PM
    when I have a physician put me off like this... as in if it is apparent the practive is too busy to really care for me as a patient who deserves respectful, prompt care, I find another doctor. Sometimes practices just get too big and you need to move on to someone who still has the ability to better value and meet their patients needs.

we are at that stage with our general care provider. Been with her for probably 12+ years. The personal service is going down the toilet, mostly because they're just too busy these days.

you can decide whatever you want. Obviously having to go through the noise of seeing another doctor is another stressor... you can always ask the doctor, if the surgery isn't being scheduled to your satisfaction, if he would recommend another physician who might have more time for his patients.

yeah, it'll probably not thrill him, but you are the person giving him the business. You have the right to ask. And he might even be absolutely glad to refer you... perhaps another doctor in the same practice?

if trying to do all of this sounds like its more pain than you are already going through, then you maybe need to wait it out.
    a1911a Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Nov 22, 2006, 09:01 AM
    The most likely cause of your problem is Type II diabetes.

You can dianose this very simply by stopping all sugar intake... no soft drinks, pasta, bread, sweets, pastry, or anything else with carbohydrates... that leave meat, fish, eggs, cheese and a small salad. Within seven days, your problem will greatly improve... within tow weeks it should be gone. If you drink a soft drink with sugar content - it will start to get tight again very quickly.

I suspect you also have a yeast infection as this is another symptom of the same disease.

Most over the counter products for women will help clear this up but you must see a doctor and have yourself checked out for diabetes! You probably won't be put on medications unless it is really out of control but you will have to follow a very low carbohydrate diet - Atkins - South Beach - Sugar Busters or a diabetic diet.

On the right diet, life will be normal and you should have no further problems but always remember - for you - sugar is gone forever... if you are diabetic.

One final thought on the retracting foreskin problem - surgery should be the last option if nothing else works. Circumcision late in life can leave you with a penis that looks horrible and will certainly end some of your sexual activity. The skin on the glans is very much protected by the foreskin and once that covering is removed, the glans can dry out and crack open, leaving it looking like a dried out mushroom and certainly not something anyone would be very interested in playing with.

The option to circumcision is a series of cuts in the foreskin to relax the muscle at the tip and give it more slack... a long healing period follows this operation but it is better than the total circumcision.
    loudandclear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 01:37 AM
    I hope you have gotten yourself to another doctor already but please don't go back. The area you are troubled by is a sensitive one so you need a doctor to respect your body and allow it a way through this without harm, but surely not pain. My thoughts are that the area is altogether adjitated, foremost from the fact that your forskin is too tight or there is some swelling, not to mention tugging or pulling. When your parts become more adjitated/inflamed, it is succeptable to both infection and the generation of a lot more discharge/ smegma. The bath method in the meantime is a good Idea, may want to try adding 1/4 cup of vineger to the water of the bath which sooths women suffering from similar discharges. Hope you can get it better soon. l&C
    a1911a Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Feb 3, 2008, 10:28 AM
    It's unfortunate that some of the readers of my original post disagree with my suggestion that a foreskin that is painful to retract, inflamed or too tight... after years of funtioning without problem may be the result of Type II diabetes or pre-diabetic conditions.

I suggested deleting all sugar and carbs from the diet for a week or two to see if they may be the cause of the problem. It is simple, doesn't cost you anything and if it works, it could save your life. If you want to see if you have diabetes quickly... then go buy a little meter at your local Walmart and in about ten seconds, you'll have an answer or... go ask a doctor to test you and pay the fees.

Why does diabetes cause this condition? One of the most primary tests for diabetes is a urine test. If sugar shows up in the urine it's a pretty good indication you may be diabetic and additional testing is needed. The blood test I suggested earlier, which pricks the skin and the tiny drop of blood is tested on a strip that is inserted into the meter will give you a numerical reading.

The sugar in the urine which seeps under the foreskin is a near perfect environment for the growth of yeast infections and all the problems they promise.

What I suggested isn't harmful, expensive or dangerous. I was diagnosed by a highly regarded urologist and I simply passed on to you folks what he provided me with in the way of information.

Diabetes isn't a stigma like STD's but it is a condition that if left untreated or uncontrolled can result in blindness, amputations, heart and kidney damage and ultimately your life.

"a little knowledge is dangerous..." I'll counter that comment by saying - ignorance is fatal.
    boosh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 04:15 AM

I have the same problem man, and I am soooo glad I found this site. I'm going to book in to the docs on payday..
    Ill keep checking in, here's hoping mate X
    Supaliter321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 07:33 PM
    I need help too. My penis does not look normal. It looks sort of like a stick with a hole in it. What can I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreskin Scared [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am starting puberty and I have an uncircumcised penis. I have pulled it down before but just so much that you can only see the tip, not the whole head. And I am scared to pull it down all the way because I fear that it the skin will get stuck. Can someone give me some advise.

Foreskin [ 7 Answers ]

I have a serious problem here. My foreskin does not go back at all. First, I used to believe that its normal but now after listening from friends, I understood that the foreskin should go back. I have never had intercourse with girl till now. While masturbating it hurts a lot when I try to pull the...

Foreskin problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am 15, and I am uncut. I know it is necessary to clean the head of your penis, but I cannot as the foreskin will not pull back over the head, it is too tight. Anybody have the same problem/reccomendations? Thanks very much

Irritating under the foreskin(front of penis) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my age is 29 I have got a problem from last 2 months I have been experiencing some small red spots under the fore skin of my penis & it is itching like a small insect sort of thing is moving.this problem I have noticed comes in cycle that is it remains for some days and goes but while having sex...

Itching under the foreskin of penis( front) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my age is 29 I have got a problem from last 2 months I have been experiencing some small red spots under the fore skin of my penis & it is itching like a small insect sort of thing is moving.this problem I have noticed comes in cycle that is it remains for some days and goes but while having sex...

View more questions Search