Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rannas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 01:00 PM
    KZ650 Motorcycle with stuck engine?
    My son left for Iraq and his project KZ650 is sitting partially disassembled in my workshop. He was given the bike after it had sat for 1-2 years in a co-worker's backyard. He start tinkering with it and got the electric starter to turn it over but now it appears the engine is "stuck". I have decided to give it a try and have the pile of s*** in somewhat running shape when he returns. Any suggestions on what to do first?

I have worked on my own cars and trucks for 30+ years but have never tried working on a motorcycle.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 02:11 PM
    PB Blaster is a good product for freeing up stuck parts, remove plugs spray in each plug hole, remove oil drain plug as you will want to change oil afterwards, plus the blaster won't remain in engine, let it soak in overnight, maybe less.
    Electric and kick start turn engine 1 direction only.
    I wouldn't use electric start until engine is free.
    You may be able to put in gear and rock forward and back. Don't use excessive force.
    Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kz650 specs [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the carb float measurement should be for a 1978 kz650. I just rebuilt the carbs and they still leak gas from the bowls. Any suggestions?

I screwed up my KZ650 [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a bike that had sat for some time, I purred some oil into the cylinder via the spark plug hole, instead of letting it burn out, I came up with this great plan to sop it up with toilet paper like a wick, well a small piece got left behind. It started up and sounded fine for a minute...

View more questions Search