Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashbobash123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Cartilage piercing
    Okay so I have 2 ear piercings on my lobe..
    And I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow at piercing pagoda with a gun..
    And I'm scared to deathhh!
    Do you think it will hurt? Or does it hurt?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Getting your Helix (upper cartilage) pierced with a gun is not really a good idea. Guns can cause trauma to your cartilage, in the form of shattering the cartilage, and tearing it. Guns are also not sterilized properly, if at all, which can cause infection.

The best thing to do is get it pierced with a hollow needle. The trauma is virtually slim to none, and is the more healthy method for piercing.
    nygypsy1 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2012, 06:56 PM
    My friend's tell me that it does not hurt.

Don't wore ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get my own cartilage pierced. Say I am doing it right now, and all I have are cotton balls, a new earring, and an ice cube, could I pierce the cartilage? Or would it not be safe? And where is it okay to pierce the cartialge? Are there dangerous places to peirce it? I'm worried that if I...

Cartilage Piercing [ 16 Answers ]

Is this piercing okay to do with a peircing gun?:D

Cartilage Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got a third lobe and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

Cartilage piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I`m 14 and I got my nose pierced about a month ago and there's this little bump that's red at the side. I've bin reading about keloids and I'm kind of scared that it is one and I'm not sure how to treat it yet. I also want to get my ear cartilage pierced but now I fear of getting a keloid. Will I...

Cartilage Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got a third lob and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

View more questions Search