Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gemini_1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
    How do I figuire out who used to live in my house previously?
    I wanted to know who used to live in my house before I did. Everyone in my house finds it to be haunted. Sometimes I see spirits and I never experienced anything like this until I moved in. if you know a website please let me know. Thanks
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Do a deed search on the house at your county government .

History WORKS Tutorials -- Deed Search Tutorial

How to Search Deeds
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 11:14 AM
    The county assessor will have a record of the property owners, but not necessarily who actually lived there.

If it was used as a rental property, the residents would not necessarily be the owners.

I don't know of any way to determine if it was rented, who may have lived there, unless you could actually contact the owner or company that managed the rental property.

Chances are, they would not release such information freely.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 12:03 AM
    Do you own the home or are you renting it? If you own it, you should have an abstract, or be able to have access to the abstract for it. There will be names in there of previous owners that you could look up to see if there was anything unusual concerning them. Possible other resources would be those that have already been mentioned and those that you might find at a public library or a local historical society, if a historical society exists for that area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend You Live With Sleeping Over At Friends House [ 3 Answers ]

What do you think?? Girlfriend you lived with for 7 months and been with for 2 years starts sleeping over at friends house. We are both in our 30's and I haven't had a sleep over sense JR High - High School. She has keeped all her friends to her self and won't let me meat them. In fact in 2 years...

How can I prove my wife does not live in this house? [ 2 Answers ]

With out getting a private investigator how can I prove my wife does not live in my house?

I live in house father owned, brother wants to sell, I don't. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, my father passed away with no will. My brother and I are the sole heirs. I live in my fathers house and have for the past 9 years. If I do not want to sell, and my brother does, and I cannot afford to move what happens? What if I do not have the money to buy my brother out? I have an elderly...

Does Partner have right to live in the house? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Myself and my boyfriend bought a house together 2 and a half years ago. My name was on the mortgage and both of our names were on the title. We have now been separated for over a year. He will not co-operate in selling the house, but he will not contribute in helping to pay them...

Foreclosure on house I live in key west Florida what are my rights as a tenant [ 3 Answers ]

I live in key west Florida irecently receive a notice in the mail stating July 31 2007 there will be an auction forclosing the property I live in. so do I have any right to remain in the house . The proerties aren't selling well in key west right now I'm assuming the bank will buy it then try and...

View more questions Search