Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fannie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2003, 10:28 AM
    Cutting glass
    Is there any way to cut glass easily? I've tried a little red tool that was recommended at Home Depot, but must not be strong enough to score it deeply enough. What other way is there? There must be some other way to do it. Maybe an attachment for a household drill or something?
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2003, 06:23 PM
    cutting glass
    Try this on-line shopping site www.khue.com
    sandyspacecase Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Sep 2, 2008, 03:34 AM
    OH no,there is not a tool to cut glass with using a drill. You are strong enough to do it. I weigh 105 lbs,and cut glass all the time. The Depot just sold you the wrong tool, or the cheapest tool to do it with. Buy a Glass cutter from ,"Red Devil" , "General Tools", or "Fletcher". One with multiple cutting wheels. Lay the glass flat, and with one smooth ,straight pull score the glass.Use the same amount of pressure all the way down the glass. Never go back over it. One stroke is all that is needed. Then (with a glove on) with a hand on each side of the score,snap the glass into. You can lay it on the edge of a table to do this. That is all it takes. If you want go to DelphiGlass.com . They have a lot of cutting tools,sanders,other stuff for glass work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Cutting [ 2 Answers ]

How can I layer the top of my hair only. Do I hold the hair straight up vertically or horizontally? Do I cut it straight off. Do I cut from front to back, or back to front? I'm trying but need three hands. I know there is an easier way. Thanks for the help in advance. Glad to be on board. ...

Help with glass [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here, I like working with glass, I am on most evenings

Cutting down on gas bill [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my gas bill for last month and it was $500.00, much more than the $300.00 I would accept. I live alone in a 4,300 sq ' house plus 1400 sq ' basement that I work out of. Will it help to seal off vents at the furnace to a few of my bedrooms? I have 5 bedrooms but only sleep in one and my...

Cutting Laminate [ 2 Answers ]

Building a bar in my kitchen and decided to buy laminate and cover with the same color as my countertops.Now I've read that cut laminate slightly bigger then area to cover and router after glue is all set up.I read to that if you place tape where your going to cut.It can be cut with a circular saw...

Gas cutting [ 1 Answers ]

I wish to know about gas cutting application,i.e. using oxygen & LPG ( Propane + Butane). Kindly letme know the comparison when using oxygen with Acetylene.

View more questions Search