Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Why fan has a lot of dust on it?
    Why fan has a lot of dust on it?
    amman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Why ceiling fan has a lot of dust on it?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 08:57 AM
    I can think of two reasons- one it doesn't get dusted as often because it is high up ad two perhaps it attracts dust due to a charge buildup because of it's material or rotation.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Because the fan is moving air, and there's dust in the air. Non scientific answer!

You got a problem with it, clean the fan :)
    abrar lodi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 05:58 AM
    It is due to the centripetal sweeping action that the dust particles rise high up and attracted on charged (electostatically)by various molecular friction the epoxy coating which is an organic polymer with superficial surface charge spread evenly all over the length and breadth of blades of the ceiling fan but rarely on table fan blade due to its change in posotion away from the floor directed towards walls which very little dust particles to be dislogged by moving table fan in action.
    bearcatk Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 03:58 PM

The fan sucks air and dust is collected from the finger guard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dust in House [ 10 Answers ]

When we moved into our house several years ago we never had any dust problem. Now after several years we've notice we have a lot more dust than we use to have. Several people have told me that I need to get my ducts cleaned and this should fix this problem. The problem I have is I installed filters...

Another one bites the dust [ 25 Answers ]

Hello all I guess I am like most of you newbies to this site and I most of us are the ones who got dumped or got the confused girlfriends wondering is it them or you. I woke up this morning thinking to myself my world had crushed around me! How will I live without her etc. I think my story is...

Another one bites the dust [ 20 Answers ]

ABC news just reported that Romney is dropping out. NBC confirmed it also. Says Romney, What happened to "We're going to keep battling, we're going to go all the way to the convention and we're going to win the White House?" What next for the Huckster? Could the GOP be uniting behind McCain...

People turn to dust [ 3 Answers ]

I watched this movie when I was a kid in the 70's. Some people were in a cave, maybe scientist, maybe related family, they saw a flash a light come from outside. The vehicle did not start. They started walking. The house they came to, no one around. The clothes were laid out on the bed with a...

Drwall dust clean-up [ 7 Answers ]

How do you clean up dry wall dust from sanding 4 walls and a ceiling.

View more questions Search