Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trinity help Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 01:37 AM
    A matter of life and death
    Hi, The title is sincere... No pun intended... I truly believe the question of the Trinity can NEVER be resolved... I have studied with Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians at the same time... (Witnesses do not take offence) I didn't know any other way to state who I studied with... During the studies each one cancelled out the other with a different scripture... Both using the same bible... The witnesses say we get the Trinity from old cults... The God-Head was voted on in 325 B.C. by the council of Niecia... Please don't quote scripture... What I need is Historical facts where each came up with there core believes... Please don't put me down with scripture... or say I don't have faith... or say some things are just a mystery... All these religions believe something deifferent... WHY... :confused: thanks trinity help... I know Jesus was for told in the old testament. If the trinity is a basis for a religion... Why is it so hard to find and understand... I know all the scripture for the God-head.. I need history...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 01:54 AM
    Actually in Genesis, we are told that We as humans was created in OUR IMAGE.

Genesis Chapter 1, Verse 26. (Please Read)

Trinity, The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit.

I will explain it the way I understand it. We are made in God's image.
    We have many different parts to our body; our heart, our soul, our mind, and all our different body parts that collectively together make ONE BODY.

That goes the same for God, God is made up of different parts, different bodies. He is made up of The Father, and The Son, and The Holy Spirit and together make the One God.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 04:35 AM
    First while I will offend everyone most likely, it just does not matter, the idea of trinity, if it is, if it is not, or if it is something totally different that man just can't understand. The only real issue is salvation, done by faith in Jesus Christ as your savior, it is not faith in him as God, or faith in him as a holy spirit, but faith in him, that he died for your sins.

That is the entire message of the bible in one sentence. We know that we can not see the Father unless we go though the Son, We know that the Holy Spirit was sent to the people after Christ went back into heaven.

It can be confusing, and to that I basically say, it does not matter as long as you have a saving faith and relationship with Christ. Also once you have that relationship you grow closer to him and many things in the bible become clearer and clearer.

Also many things in the bible have to be believed, and taken by faith.
    Jesus rose from the dead, the flood, the destruction of sodom, and so on
    Those should be the hard things to accept and believe since they go against physcial science and mans understanding.

The issue is you want to understand something that man has never understood, you want it printed out 1,2,3 and that is that. It is not so, the bible was and will be a book of faith, that has to be accepted.

Can you be saved beleving that Jesus is Gods Son, and that he died for your sins, and not accepting fully the idea of the trinity, of course you can.

What you can't do is be saved by works, you are saved only by faith.
    trinity help Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 02:10 AM
    THANK YOU I can live with this answer... Love-in HIS-name and mine... trinity help...
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

May 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
    There is no historical proof of things created in the human imagination (IMO)
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Jun 27, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi03
    There is no historical proof of things created in the human imagination (IMO)
    I so agree, like where is the historical proof that we crawled out of the sea... and by the way who created the sea? I would like to see some historical proof to explain that.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jul 19, 2008, 04:05 PM
    In Catholic theology, and many other Christian paths, the Trinity is a sacred mystery. Meaning, no one has the definitive final answer on it. Not to say that you don't get to know, but that you can go on deepening and deepening your understanding throughout your life, without ever getting to the bottom. It is a way of saying that God is big enough and deep enough to hold all our human understandings of Her, with room left over. Accepting mystery also means that God knows we do not have perfect knowledge of the divine, and won't fault us for woshipping the God of our understanding (but may fault us if we go around telling others we have perfect knowledge).

Blessings to you on your sincere quest of faith.

Alder
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 06:23 PM
    As I note I can offend both sides, I am a street preacher basically working with street people, no time or way to sugar coat everything, and neither did the early church, they had a simple message, Jesus lived, Jesus died, Jesus rose again, and by faith in him we are saved. Beyond that follow the church that serves the best fried chicken or the best veggy salad. A persons soul being saved is what counts, not if you can prove the number of animals on ark or which grave Jesus was in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If death leads to a better place why extend life? [ 18 Answers ]

If your religion teaches you that when you die you go to a better place; why would you use technology to extend your life to make it longer? I understand that most religions teaches you that purposely ending your life is wrong but not that refusing treatment is wrong. So wouldn't you want to get to...

Life after death [ 32 Answers ]

Many religions talk many thing. There is a common agreement that death is certain and all it is uncertain when it will happen. But still it remained a question mark what happens after the death?

Life Estate vs Death Date House Inherited [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and her two sisters inherited their farther's house and no will was left. Their farther remarried after their mother died about 25 years ago. The farther died 12 years ago with no will. The sisters agreed to a life estate with the stepmother until she moved or died. She moved out of the...

Life or death for my lizards [ 1 Answers ]

I wondered what is the humidity level of anole lizards and what will happen if the humidity is to low or to high

Life after my moms death [ 1 Answers ]

I am 34 yrs old and I lost my mom through cancer 7 months ago. My sister and I took care of her on her last 6 months. She wanted to die at home. I have been married for 8 yrs . Will never have children of my own. 13 yrs ago one of my sisters was murdered by her husband.and she left 2 little girls...

View more questions Search