Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmcgraw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Non fused 60 amp disconnect
    I need some advice on how to wire a non-fused 60 amp disconnect. I will be using it to disconnect a heating element. My question is this: There are two line and load posts. I am assuming the two load post will go to the element, but I am not 100% sure. I am using 6-2wire. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Your correct. Line is from the fuse box. Load is the element.
    jmcgraw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Thanks!
    tonypeavy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 09:11 AM
    Yes the line come from panel .load go to element
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2010, 12:10 PM
    Tony please pay attention to the dates of threads, this goes back to 2008.

Please refrain from answering questions older than a few months.

Thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Disconnect switch [ 7 Answers ]

I am having a 36,000 BTU split system installed. This unit is 230/208v with 30 amp breaker. Instead of using the pull out style or lever style disconnects, would it be safe to use a 30 amp 120/277v a/c double pole toggle switch mounted in a appropriate weather proof box as my disconnect?

How to disconnect wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have a phone jack in my dining room and one in my kitchen. Each jack works properly. My problem is there is also an old wire coming out from beneath the jack cover and is nailed across my kitchen countertop to the other jack and under its cover. I need to remove the wire in order to have a new...

Spa disconnect [ 1 Answers ]

Does the spa box count as the disconnect or does there need to be one somewhere else? I am building a 12'x12' gazebo and the spa box will be on the outside. The wiring is going to come up through the concrete in steel conduit. To add a disconnect somewhere else would put it somewhere in the...

Grounding Load Center to Fused Service Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Fused Service Switch (lever type) and Load Center (breakers) mounted directly beside each other. The load center is physically attached to the service switch with 1.75" conduit. The two 'hots' and neutral from the switch run through this short 3" conduit into the load center but there...

Fused test Cord [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to make a fused test cord. How do I wire this? I have a switch with a post marked "hot lead" and a post with a wire going to the fuse. On the fused side is another post.How do I connect my incoming cord and the outgoing cord? I wired it the way it makes sense to me but popping breaker.

View more questions Search