Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brooke21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Depo and fertility
    I have been off depo for two months and my periods have returned and are reasonably normal, I am wondering if just because my periods have returned does this make me fertile or is the depo still in my system? Basically how long does it take to become fertile again after the depo injection?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 02:16 AM
    How long the effects from depo remain is going to vary from person to person. Some women find they resume normal periods, and get pregnant within a few months of their last injection... many others find it takes quite a long time. Rough guide is a few months to 18 months... obviously some will fall sooner, some later. Having a regular period generally equates to ovulating as well, but it doesn't guarantee it... especially after just finishing off depo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fertility [ 39 Answers ]

I had a pelvic exam and my doctor requested for a pelvic ultra sound because I have been known to have ovarian cysts. :eek: I have to wait for the hospital to call me in order to let me know when they have an opening to do my ultra sound. Does anybody know what the first steps they take with...

Fertility [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on high blood pressure medication for the past month or so and I have noticed that I have a white milky discharge coming from both nipples if I squeeze them I read that high blood pressure medication can cause this. Is that true and does it affect fertilty?

Fertility in females? [ 1 Answers ]

Whwn does a female know when she is most fertile or just fertile? For example by the discharge she is given of:confused:

Fertility after abortion [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I had an abortion on may 15th 2007 and I want to know if I can still fall pregnant because I have been trying for about three months now and had no joy

Fertility [ 5 Answers ]

Can you get pregnant anytime you have sex? Or just during those days that you ovulate? My friend needs answers. And I'm just as confused.

View more questions Search