Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael bennett Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2006, 09:37 PM
    Trane gas/electric. Heat will light but won't stay on
    I have a trane single packaged gas/electric 2 1/2 ton. The gas will light but after about 5 seconds goes off. It does this three times then the system goes into system lockout, no heat. You can reset power and it will start the whole process over. I have changed the ignition plug, flame detector and gas valve to NO avail!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2006, 06:39 PM
    Is it new enough to have a light that flashes trouble codes? There is a sensor that will shut shut the gas off if the blower doesn't come on before it gets too hot. The sensor could be bad and be shutting the gas off before it reaches the temperature where is should. Should be a little doohicky near the burner, but possibly on the air side of the heat exchanger. It will have a couple of wires running back to the control board.

Feb 26, 2006, 09:01 PM
    michael bennett agrees: Thanks for the info! The circuit board does have an LED. It keeps giving me a system lockout(no flame). I have checked the schematic and there is a thermocouple, but I have checked that and there is good continuity? Any more help? Thanks!!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2006, 09:27 PM
    The thermocouple could still be giving the wrong signal even if it is continuous. Could be the circuit board too. $$$$$$$

Feb 26, 2006, 10:14 PM
    Thanks again for your help!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Convert from gas heat to all electric [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, we are retiring and considering a move to a smaller community. Many of the homes there have gas heat and the cost of natural gas is outrageous to say the least. One house is about 8 years old. How do I go about changing to a heat pump? Wouuls I need to dhave all new or can I use the existing...

Nuheat Electric Floor Heat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a Nuheat (Nuheat.com) electric floor heating pad. There are 2 wires from the pad that need to run up the wall and into a switch box. The switch box will have power coming in which connects to the thermostat and the thermostat connects to the heating pad. Does the wires...

Baseboard electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands/style of baseboard heaters? Have looked at hydrosil, they claim to be efficient but are higher priced units. Are the fluid/gel filled units that much more efficient than the cheaper units? Thanks

Convert gas heat to electric [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me the pros and cons of converting our gas heat to electric. We just moved to TN and are astounded that the gas man comes every four weeks and fills the tank and our house is COLD all the time anyway!! We are thinking that electric heat would be more proficient and cost...

View more questions Search