Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamapiglet Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Tomato gravy
    Hi, can anyone tell me how to make tomato gravy, hubby wants some & mine didn't turn out like his moms,I thought you sliced & floured the tomato then fried it nope boy what a disaster that was, any help would be appreciated. Thanks mamapiglet (Brenda)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 18, 2008, 01:20 PM
    I'm a little confused? Is it just a tomato gravy that you're making? or fried tomatoes?

May 18, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamapiglet
    hi, can anyone tell me how to make tomato gravy, hubby wants some & mine didn't turn out like his moms,i thought you sliced & floured the tomato then fried it nope boy what a disaster that was, any help would be appreciated. thanks mamapiglet (Brenda)
    Humm, I guess just tomato gravy southern style what ever that is, I mean I was born & raised in the south and all I know is its tomato gravy which includes flour and that's all I know his mom is gone ,my mom, all our grandparents no one around here left to ask I should have paid better attention sorry about that, Brenda
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 18, 2008, 01:36 PM
    No problem Brenda! I'm just wondering if it's like fried green tomatoes that you dip in a flour base, or if it's a gravy made from cut up tomatoes that you want to put on something else... or maybe a tomatoe sauce you want to put on tomatoes, haha! I've got a few recipes for a tomato gravy, and some for fried tomatoes, so I'm just not sure which to try and help with.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
    How 'bout this one? It looks good and I might even try it! :D

Tomato Gravy

May 19, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamapiglet
    hi, can anyone tell me how to make tomato gravy, hubby wants some & mine didn't turn out like his moms,i thought you sliced & floured the tomato then fried it nope boy what a disaster that was, any help would be appreciated. thanks mamapiglet (Brenda)
    Looks great will try it ,thanks Brenda

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flour Clumps when I make gravy. [ 23 Answers ]

I make a lot of homemade gravy. But when I add flour to it, it clumps up. I find myself trying to smush all the little clumps of flour. Am I doing something wrong?

Glowing Tomato [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am doing a science project on making a glowing tomato. Make A GLOWING TOMATO ! Video It says that you need non-safety matches (better known as 'strike anywhere'). Would it make a difference if I used safety-matches and if so, why? If anyone knows anything about this, please help....

Tomato plants [ 4 Answers ]

My tomato plants are very healtful looking and asbout 2and a half feet high. They appear to have not enough blooms and even less small tomatoes from the blooms. I am in Colorqdo, zone 5 Thanks

Making Gravy [ 2 Answers ]

How to make the best gravy?

View more questions Search