Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikki99cat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Furnace repair
    What would cause the round plastic sight hole to the furnace burners to melt around the edges.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 18, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Probably overheat.
    If not melted through just a bit of heat mark on the edges it could be normal with age.

BUT it could also indicate improper combustion air control or needs a professional adjustment.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 07:34 AM
    2 much heat
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

May 19, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Blocked flue vent, not enough combustion air, bad safety sensor, improper gas/air mixture, all of the above. Get a technician to inspect it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 07:59 AM
    A natural gas furnace (NAT) operating on propane (LP) without the proper orfice conversion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to repair crack in furnace body [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I've got an old water boiler furnace. There's a crack in the outer metal of it. You can see the flames by the crack and the metal becomes orange when it's hot. I asked advice to a technician on how to fix this and he said that usually they put a fire proof panel over the crack from the inside...

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Repair or replace a Payne Gas Furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

G'day, I have a Payne PG8MAA042090 gas heater and I believe it's rated as 90,00 BTUs at 80%. This unit was installed in December 2002 due to t house inspection when I purchased the house. Shortly after that I installed a LUX1500 programmable thermostat from Home Depot and this combo has...

Whether to repair or purchase new furnace/AC? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old Lennox system and the igniter panel (may or not be correct term?) is out, so it's going to cost $500 or so to fix it. I know it would save energy to buy a new system, but my AC is fine. How long do systems of this age normally last? I have had no other repairs yet. I'm...

Furnace repair [ 2 Answers ]

Gas furnace has an intermittent electronic ignition. It kicks on for about two minutes and then shuts down. Could the problem be the limit switch? If not, what do you think the problem could be?

View more questions Search