Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cande97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Reaction to distemper shot
    What are the reactions for dogs from the distemper shot. I have a 11 week old Toy Fox Terrier.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Are you asking because your pup is having reactions from distemper, or do you want to know because you are comtemplating a vet visit ? To answer your question, and to tell you the truth I have never had any reactions or problems in any of my dogs from this vaccination. Your pup may appear tired after, may want to drink lots of water, but I think all that is normal as he has been introduced to a substance in his body that is particularly foreign, but absolutely necessary if you have ever seen a small animal die of distemper.
    cande97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 10:56 AM
    He had gotten the shot on Fri. afternoon in Phoenix, AZ. And Sat. he was put on a airplane from there to Juneau, Alaska. Yesterday he seemed to eat and drink fine, but today he justs wants to sleep, won't eat or drink today.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Its probably more to do with the airplane ride then anything else. All that handling and pushing around would have some effect on a young dog. And the distance. That is a long ride.. Plus he wasn't with anyone he knew, right ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Parvo/Distemper Shot Reaction in Pup [ 15 Answers ]

Okay so here's the story... I found a very young, stray pup at our house this morning which looked to be a great pyrenees mix of some sort. I noticed that she had tapeworms so I decided to take her to the vet to be de-wormed and have her first set of parvo/distemper shots(don't want her to have to...

My dog in lithargic after her distemper shot [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 month old cockerspaniel has just had her distemper shot 3 days ago. She is acting very lethargic lately. Is this normal?

Distemper shot [ 4 Answers ]

My dog recently received her distemper booster shot. She is 9 years old. She is now experiencing fluid in her abdomen/chest and is on vasculitis meds, antibiotics and has had her abdomen drained twice. Her symptoms of difficulty breathing began 1 week after her shot. Is there any chance they...

Distempber Shot Reaction [ 5 Answers ]

Our 1 1/2 year olf Aussie Terrier got a distemper shot two days ago. She ate OK yesterday and all "bodily functions" seem normal. However, her ears and tail are not up and she just wants to stay in her kennel. She ever shys away from us. Any clue what is going oin or do we just wait it out. ...

Rabie Shot reaction? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my two 4 month old doxies in to the vets today for there 2nd kennel cough shot and their first rabie shot. Since we have gotten home both pups are yelping each time we pick them up, and they have been shaking for 2 hours. Is this normal after these shots, or are they having a reaction, I'm...

View more questions Search