Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony_Gee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Adobe Reader 8.1 and Word 2003
    Hello everybody.

I wonder whether somebody has a clue on how to get a download in pdf open in Adobe Reader 8.1 and not in Word 2003, as then I cannot view any given document.:o

Is there any way we could set it up to open with the right program?:mad:

Thank you in advance.

Tony
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Are you saying that when you download a PDF it opens in Word, not the Acrobat Reader?

If so, you can do one of two things. Either uninstall then reinstall the Reader. Or right click on a PDF file and choose Open With. Select the Acrobat Reader and check the Always Open With box.
    Tony_Gee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Are you saying that when you download a PDF it opens in Word, not the Acrobat Reader?

If so, you can do one of two things. Either uninstall then reinstall the Reader. Or right click on a PDF file and choose Open With. Select the Acrobat Reader and check the Always Open With box.
    When I download any PDF and by default it downloads to the DESKTOP, that's what I do, I rifht click on it and then select "Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1". The problem arose today when it did NOT happen that way, as instead of downloading directly to the DESKTOP, it was trying to open WORD as the download was taking place, which I found quite odd, actually. Never saw such a thing like it before:confused:

Attaching a zip file, with the screenshot, although it can't be any clearer, for resizing reasons.

Ta. Hugs:)
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip Screenshot.zip (44.1 KB, 22 views)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2008, 12:35 PM
    You need a better screen capture, I couldn't read that. Did you try reinstalling the Reader as I suggested.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Since you can't get an entire screenshot that looks good showing everything, how about the URL and what you were trying to download. My suspicions are that something at the site is doing this. If it's a .pdf and you just left-clicked, it should be opening in Acrobat automatically. Did you try a right-click and then tell it where to save? (And you're sure it's a .pdf?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't open adobe reader [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I have been trying to open adobe reader but I can't. At each time I do so this error message appears: "Invalid plug in detected". I have the adobe 8.1.2 version and windows vista.. What am I supposed to do? I need to use adobe urgently! Thanks

Adobe reader [ 4 Answers ]

What's the best version of adobe reader? I don't want all the xtra bloatware that's not needed. I'm using a HP compaq computer and running windows xp sp2

Adobe Reader [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Adobe Reader 7.0 I was sent a form that I opened and have to fill out. But when I click on the space for me to write in my curser turns into a hand. Is there a free program that I can download so I can fill out this form in Adobe?

View more questions Search