Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zappd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 04:52 AM
    Fan never shuts off
    I recently purchased my first home. It has a Frigidaire Furnace, Model B3BM-036K-B. The weather has gotten warmer, so I turned the thermostat "off". The fan still runs, and cool air comes out of the registers. Is this normal? How do I shut it off? It's not cold enough for the furnace, nor warm enough for the air conditioner. Open windows work just fine. Any advice? Thanks.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2008, 07:32 AM
    The easiest thing to fix would be if there is a switch on the thermostat labeled "Fan". It is used to force the fan to run all the time. If it is on, or if there is a short in that particular circuit, then the fan would run continuously. Let's hope that is all it is.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

May 19, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Turn your thermostat setting to "Auto". Inspect the furnace cabinet for a fan switch and turn it to "Off". For a temporary fix, turn your emergency switch or breaker to off. You will need to find the cause as Wally suggests for a permanent solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace shuts off and on [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace lites, runs for about 30 secs-1 min then shuts off then re-lits and does the same thing over and over. Furnace has pilot control module, what could be the cause

Furnace shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman funace model number gmp100-4. The problem I am having is it turns on then turns right back off. I removed the inspection cover to look at the pilot lighting switch which seems to be OK but seen some corrosion on the gas line switch pretty sure that this is the problem but wanted...

Van shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Van 2500/w a5.9 liter Engine. My question is every time I start It and let run for about 5 to 7 minutes it shuts down, and won't start right back up so what do you think it is?

Water shuts off by itself [ 1 Answers ]

I was just about ready to run a hot bath in my spare bathroom, turned on the water, it ran for a little bit and then I heard a clunk and the water stopped. I turned the spigot to off and then on again. Water started to flow for a few seconds, then clunk, stopped again. This happened on both the...

Condenser Shuts Off [ 1 Answers ]

Looking through the threads, I haven't found anything quite like what I'm experiencing. So if there's already a post out there on this topic, I apologize. I have a dual zone heat pump system, and both units are approximately 14 years old. On a normal summer day (70s to 80s) my air works fine. ...

View more questions Search